I think I signed up for a Family account, but really I need a Team account, is there a difference?

Options
leannemacdonell
leannemacdonell
Community Member

I signed up online for a family account but I think I really need a team account. What I need to be able to do is share certain vaults with certain team members that are working with the contents of that particular vault. If this is possible with a team account, then how do I go about switching to a team account? Thanks!

1Password Version: Using app in Chrome browser
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:share-vault, kb-search:sharing a vault with another member, kb:teams-faq-existing-user, kb-search:change account from family to team, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

With family you can do that, but Family is for family, so if it's for work, you should buy 1P for Teams.

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @leannemacdonell! That does sound like a Teams account. :) There are a few differences. 1Password Families is a way to use the technology we introduced with Teams at a price that’s more affordable and with features designed for families.

- Teams is priced per-user (more flexible for companies).
      - Teams has fine-grained permission control (which sounds like what you're looking for).
      - Teams has more advanced management capabilities.
      - Teams will support custom groups.
      - Teams has more storage, more days of item history, more guests. Bigger numbers in general.

As the services grow they will be more differentiated. If you'd like to convert your account to a Teams one, we can do that for you. Just email us at support@1password.com and we'd be happy to help. :)

• leannemacdonell
    leannemacdonell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I ended up just creating a new account for teams and will delete the family account. :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @leannemacdonell. If you'd like to delete the family account please drop us an email at support@1password.com from the email address you used to sign up for the family.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.