Computers/Devices per member

kmarriner
kmarriner
Community Member

Good morning!

I am just trying to decide between going with a Family subscription or buying the application outright, and I just have one simple question. I realize families is for up to 5 people, but how many devices are allowed per person?

Lets say I use it just myself, but I have 1 phone and 3 computers. Does that count as 1 person, 3, or 4? Could 2-5 people use it with a phone and 4 computers each?

Thats it, thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

You can have as many as you wants devices per person

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

Hi @kmarriner,

@Spinacle is correct, and I'd like to expand on it so it's clear. Each person who is part of the Family will get their own account. By default, you'll each get a personal vault, and access to the default "Shared" vault. Each of the members of the family can download 1Password in as many devices as they want in all different platforms. Lets say you have a Mac, an Android phone, an iPad and an iPod, you can download the latest version of the software for all of them. In your example, it still counts as one person/account. As an answer to your last question, yes: 2-5 people can use it in 5 computers each if that's what they have!

I hope this helps you, and be sure to ask any other questions you have! :chuffed:

• Hi folks,

I hope Spinacle and Pilar's answers here have helped. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.