Firefox 3.9.20 extension says Master Password Changed, but it hasn't

I checked all the troubleshooting information on this subject; none of it helps (uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, even installing a Firefox update).

I am using 1Password version 3.8.21 (build 32009) under Mac OS 10.6.8, Firefox 38.7.1 ESR, Chromium 50.0.2661.0 (nightly). Everything works except Firefox, which used to work. I had been using Chromium for awhile so I don't know exactly when it stopped working, but it did used to work great.

I even tried an old Safari (5 something, whatever was the latest) and it works.

I tried having the 1Password application open, it still wanted me to unlock (the browser plugin usually is unlocked when the app is open and unlocked).

I've had the same master password for years and years. And everything else works, even my phone, with the same password. Except for the phone, everything is local.

The rest of the error message under the red "Master Password Changed" is "Enter previous password to update the extension. Troubleshoot".

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: OS X 10.6.8
Sync Type: Dropbox (for phone)

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Excarnate as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Excarnate: That's really strange. I'm not able to reproduce this with Firefox 38 on Snow Leopard.

It sounds like the database in Firefox in particular is damaged. There are a few options here:

1. Remove and then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox
    2. Reinstall Firefox
    3. Create a new Firefox profile and try the 1Password extension there

I suspect that #3 may be necessary, but the others are much simpler and quicker to try. If it works, you'll need to migrate anything you need from the old profile to the new one so you can continue using it instead of the one that's corrupt.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• Excarnate
    Excarnate
    Community Member

I already tried all that.

I'll try try again and post back.

• Excarnate
    Excarnate
    Community Member

I downloaded Firefox ESR 38.7.1 ESR

I copied it to applications, over the old version. I used the application to take me to the download page and, after starting it from the command line, installed the plugin.

Here is what it shows:

$ /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox -ProfileManager
    2016-04-05 16:45:28.025 firefox[35209:903] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1003be180 of class NSCFDictionary autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
    2016-04-05 16:45:28.028 firefox[35209:903] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1003bf850 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
    thiazi:~ brian$ 2016-04-05 16:45:42.261 firefox[35211:903] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1003df9c0 of class NSCFDictionary autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
    2016-04-05 16:45:42.266 firefox[35211:903] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x100354670 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
    console.error:
    [CustomizableUI]
    Custom widget with id loop-button does not return a valid node
    console.error:
    [CustomizableUI]
    Custom widget with id loop-button does not return a valid node
    console.error: onepassword:
    DEPRECATED: The widget module is deprecated. Please consider using the sdk/ui module instead.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js", line 867, in Handler.prototype.process
    nextValue = this.onResolve.call(undefined, nextValue);
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js", line 86, in startup/</<
    run(options);
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js", line 145, in run
    let program = main(options.loader, options.main);
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js", line 697, in main
    return loader.load(loader, module).exports;
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/loader/cuddlefish.js", line 79, in CuddlefishLoader/options<.load
    result = load(loader, module);
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js", line 323, in load
    evaluate(sandbox, module.uri);
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js", line 271, in evaluate
    : loadSubScript(uri, sandbox, encoding);
    File "resource://onepassword-at-agilebits-dot-com/onepassword/lib/global.min.js", line 452, in null
    pb=require("sdk/page-mod"),ub=require("sdk/widget"),N=require("sdk/tabs"),S=require("sdk/self").data;require("sdk/hotkeys");
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js", line 604, in require
    freeze(load(loader, module));
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/loader/cuddlefish.js", line 79, in CuddlefishLoader/options<.load
    result = load(loader, module);
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js", line 323, in load
    evaluate(sandbox, module.uri);
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js", line 271, in evaluate
    : loadSubScript(uri, sandbox, encoding);
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/widget.js", line 59, in null
    require("./util/deprecate").deprecateUsage(
    File "resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/util/deprecate.js", line 18, in deprecateUsage
    let stack = get().slice(2);
    [CRYPTO] Failed to decrypt: pkcs#5 padding corrupt
    [AGENT] syncReply error: problemWithKeys.tryOldPassword

• Excarnate
    Excarnate
    Community Member

Sorry, forgot to mention, the same issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Excarnate,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. I think we might need to take a closer look at your system.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Excarnate
    Excarnate
    Community Member

[#PIJ-91261-137]

Note that the app said it only runs under 10.7 or later, so I had to edit it to run.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Excarnate,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: PIJ-91261-137

This discussion has been closed.