Sorting by numbers / symbols

iamecho
iamecho
Community Member

This is more of an observation than a bug but I still wanted to point it out so I can understand the difference. I joined the iOS beta testing today, thanks for having me.

Yesterday on the regular version, in my Software License category 1P was listed first, at the top (very appropriate I think!). Today, having moved to iOS beta, 1P is at the bottom of the list. How come the change? I noticed there are no advanced functions to select the sort type, but something must be different between the two versions. Images attached to show before & after.

1Password Version: iOS beta
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iamecho,

Thanks for asking about this change, which happened in the 6.4.BETA-1 build. From the 1Password for iOS Release Notes:

• Improved item sorting to match 1Password for Mac. {OPI-3395}

We did it for consistency, and now it also matches the sort order of item lists in Apple's iOS apps (Contacts being a primary example).

I hope that answers your question. :)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@sjk Ah, I see! I still think an exception should be made to keep 1P at the top ;)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

Hello again, @iamecho.

I wish there was an exception for my Login items starting with 1Password titles to be at the top of item lists. :)

Being able to sort 1Password item lists in different ways is something that's under consideration. Thanks for your feedback!

ref: OPI-481

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@sjk I just noticed the web interface sorts number / symbols first so there's a slight lack of continuity there.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iamecho!

You are correct, this is something we've filed a bug report against our web client. I believe we've made the new iOS and existing Mac implementation the standard so the others will follow :)

Thanks for your eye on this!

ref: B5-1356

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@AGKyle Excellent! Thanks for the update.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@iamecho

My pleasure. Thanks for being so kind, courteous and willing to help. It's greatly appreciated. If you notice anything at all out of the ordinary let us know :)

This discussion has been closed.