Upgrade for Mac + Win Family Licence

Options
Zero2Cool
Zero2Cool
Community Member

Hi,
i've bought 2011 a Family Licence for Mac + Win.
In the Agile Shop show me that i can upgrade to 1Password - Single Licence for $32,49.
I read that the new 1Password is for Mac + Win for 1 User, but if i upgrade i lose the other 4 Users.

The new Family licence costs many more than my old licence.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Zero2Cool,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Quite a while ago we did away with the concept of "family licenses" and we've recently changed our pricing structure. The old structure was quite confusing for many folks. We worked on a per-person, per-platform basis. But the expectation of many was that if they had purchased, for example, 1Password for Mac... They'd be able to use that license on their iPhone. That was not the case.

We've simplified our offerings now such that a "1Password license" now includes both desktop applications and the basic version of our mobile apps, for a single individual.

The other option is to subscribe to 1Password for Families, which includes access to all of our compatible applications, including the Pro features for mobile. Our "5 for $5" subscription model allows 5 family members to use 1Password on all of their compatible devices. It also makes having your data available on those devices as simple as signing into your 1Password account (no more need to configure Dropbox/iCloud/etc). It also makes sharing data with your family members much easier. We are currently running a limited time launch special, which adds some additional perks. You can read about that here:

AgileBits Blog | Introducing 1Password for Families

If you'd like to use 1Password within a family, we'd highly recommend our 1Password for Families service.

We have a comparison chart available that further illustrates the differences between the two options here:

Pricing - 1Password

Thanks.

Ben

• Zero2Cool
    Zero2Cool
    Community Member
    Options

You simplified your offerings and i must pay significantly more money. Over three years the costs are 4-5 times higher...wow, that is a lot of money for the same product.

• Ben
    Options

@Zero2Cool,

1Password for Families is not at all the same product. It has evolved quite significatly based on feedback from users especially around points such as the needs for easier to understand licensing, simpler access to data from all devices, and easier access to sharing of 1Password data.

As far as the actual pricing goes... with upgrades being included with the subscription, coupled with the currently available early adopter special, it may actually work out to be less expensive than licensing all of the individual client apps for each family member would have been under the previous licensing model.

I'd highly recommend signing up and giving it a try. We offer a 30 day free trial. You can see for yourself what I'm talking about. :)

Ben

• Zero2Cool
    Zero2Cool
    Community Member
    Options

On my Mac i've use the Mac App Store Version 6.2, it's possible to use this Licence on Windows?

• Ben
    Options

@Zero2Cool,

Please drop us an email to support+sales@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and a copy of your receipt from the Mac App Store (if you have it -- this will help greatly with the process) and we'll be happy to explain the options. :)

Ben

• Zero2Cool
    Zero2Cool
    Community Member
    Options

The answer isn't very helpful, i should upgrade one of my license.

Is there any BETA for Win7 which support 1Password for Families, maybe then i will test it. Or where can i download the win10 version? I will test this on my Ubuntu PC.

• Ben
    Options

We do not yet have a Families compatible beta for Windows 7 or 8. We do have a Windows 10 beta, which you can read more about here:

Join the 1Password for Windows 10 beta team! - AgileBits Support Forum

Ben

• Zero2Cool
    Zero2Cool
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi Ben,
    i think you don't understand me, i need the install file to run it with wine under ubuntu. In the Windows10 Store App in couldn't save the file. When you will release a Windows 7 version, maybe beta?

• Ben
    Options

@Zero2Cool, At the moment the only way to install the 1Password for Windows 10 beta is through the Windows Store. We are working on browser extensions that will be Windows 7/8 compatible, but I do not have a timeframe to release.

Sorry we don't have a better answer right at the moment.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.