Disable keyboard input until vault has been unlocked (custom keyboard filling)

mishamsk
mishamsk
Community Member

I have the following workflow with Androids custom keyboard: as soon as I need to login, I switch to 1p keyboard, unlock the vault, find login, profit!

However I constantly forget to press vault button (left bottom part of keyboard) and just start typing my master password away in whatever app/site I am looking at.

Now this is a major security risk - app or site can easily grab this input...

Why don't you just make 1 big button instead of regular keys until vault is unlocked? I do not think that anybody really using 1p as permanent keyboard, so won't be a problem. At least it can be an option.

1Password Version: 4.5b6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.0.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    edited July 2015

Hi @mishamsk. Thanks for the feedback!

That's a good suggestion and I'll pass it along to our developers. We definitely wouldn't want 1Password users accidentally typing their master passwords into third party apps and browsers.

Please let us know if you have any other suggestions! Thanks!
    ref: OPA-581

• mishamsk
    mishamsk
    Community Member

@peri thanks! Looking forward to this feature. Everything else seems fine!

• No problem! I'm happy to help. :)

Thanks again and let us know if you think of anything else!

• mishamsk
    mishamsk
    Community Member

@peri Hello again! Any plans to implement this after all?;) I know you've been busy with Team and Family accounts but maybe it will somehow slip into one of your sprints...

• boris85
    boris85
    Community Member

+1

• saad
    edited March 2016

@mishamsk We did not get to this feature request yet, but @peri has opened an issue for us to review at a later time! As you can imagine, we have a big list of things we need to do. It's hard for us to fit everything on the top of that list (although we would love to).

• Thanks for the vote @boris85!

• Rudyard
    Rudyard
    Community Member

+1, as of right now I only switch to 1P keyboard to use the lock button and have a similar workflow as @mishamsk. Having a big lock button and maybe a 'keyboard button' to easily switch back to the default keyboard would improve user workflow.

Another thought (if secure) would be a minimalist 'keyboard' that shows login, password, and generate new password/edit current password buttons to avoid pulling users away from the current app or webpage after authenticating with 1P. I'm thinking of something similar to Keeper's FastFill keyboard which I've found to have one of the better custom keyboard implementation for passwords.

Either way, appreciate the AgileBits Team keeping user recommended features in mind.

• Awesome! I'll pass your vote and suggestion along to the team. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.