On my MacBook Pro I'm trying to sync my primary vault to my personal vault on my family. How?

coldrc
coldrc
Community Member

I have a 1P6 account on my MacBook Pro. Today I opened a family account. I want the Primary account in my original 1P6 to sync with my Personal account in my Family setup. I do not want to use Dropbox or the Cloud. Can I do it? How?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:On my MacBook Pro I'm trying to sync my primary vault to my personal vault on my family. How?

Comments

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member

Nope .. Family only syncs family vaults, automatically .. You still need to manually sync your local vaults. Best to Move your Primary vault items to Family .. If you Copy, then the 2 can get out of sync.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@coldrc: While rr0ss0rr is correct that the old vault(s) can only use Dropbox, iCloud, Folder, or Wi-Fi Sync, migrating the data from your current primary vault to a vault in 1Password Families is easy:

Import data into your new account

Then, if you'd like to do away with the primary vault completely, once you've moved all of the data to your Personal 1Password Families vault, you can start over with 1Password (the app) and set it up with only your 1Password Families account.

Alternatively, you can also use the Data Reset Utility to automate the process. Before we go too far, you should back up your existing data by selecting File > Backup from the menu bar. Then follow these steps to start over with a new vault:

1. Download the Data Reset Utility
    2. Double-click the ZIP file to decompress it (if your browser didn't do that for you automatically)
    3. Control-click on the tool and select "Open" from the shortcut menu

4. Follow the prompts, and 1Password should give you the chance to start with a new vault

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• coldrc
    coldrc
    Community Member

Thx for your timely reply. I'll try manual syncing the local "Primary" with the "Personal" vault in my "Family" account using Folder method.

• I'm not entirely sure I follow, @coldrc. Did you get a chance to review the "Import data [...]" guide that Brenty linked to?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.