Suggestion: 1Password Mini & Vault Switching

twykr
twykr
Community Member

This is more of a suggestion, rather than a question - although if there's already some way of doing this, then I'd love to know :)

Now that my family is using 1Password for Families, I find myself sometimes swapping between vaults to simplify the results that show up in my browser extension. However, it's awkward currently, in that the only way to change the currently active vault is to open up the full application.

I think it would make a lot of sense (and be pretty sweet) if there were a way of at least using the Mini app to switch the active vault, so that it can be done without having to rely on the main app window.

FWIW,
twykr.

1Password Version: 6.3.BETA-2
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox, 1Password for Families
Referrer: kb-search:suggestion

Comments

• twykr
    twykr
    Community Member

Aaand... never mind - I just found the controls for that in 1Password Mini. I didn't expect that to be under the "gear" / Settings button.
    Consider me happy!

twykr.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@twykr: Well, if you think you're happy now, you'd better sit down... :eh:

When 1Password mini is open, you don't even have to click the gear to switch vaults. You can actually click on the 1Password icon to select from there...or even use ⌘ 0-9 on the keyboard to switch even quicker, mouse-free. Cheers! :pirate:

• twykr
    twykr
    Community Member

Hey @brenty -

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me - because I already have those keys bound to hopping around virtual desktops (which I use a LOT). However, let me thusly change my request to this: I would love it if those hotkeys could be customizable - so that I could modify them to use hotkey combos that I prefer :)

But thanks for the tip!

twykr.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

@twykr: Dang. Well, I tried. :lol:

No promises, but we can certainly consider making them customizable in the future. Thanks for letting me know! :)

This discussion has been closed.