Team License Costs ?

Options

Hi guys, i bought the license for a single person of 1password. I'd like to create a team license, is this already existing? I didn't find the price on your website. Does every team member need to pay the full price for a one time purchase?

Thank you for your answer

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:team

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @isabelleplueer! Sorry for the confusion. Teams has accounts, not licenses. All you need to do is sign up for an account at https://1password.com/teams/ and you'll be set. It's free during beta, and we're hoping to wrap the beta up in the next couple of months. You get all the apps with it, too. :) No need for licenses. Hope that helps!

• isabelleplueer
    isabelleplueer
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth Thank you!

• rob
    Options

Glad that helped! Let us know if we can help with anything else. :)

• rlatter
    rlatter
    Community Member
    Options

I have a two-person family. As an early adopter I can get 7 licenses with Family, but I only need two. The question is: Will a two-member team be cheaper than a 7 person family? If not, I am waiting to join for no reason.

• Jacob
    edited April 2016
    Options

Howdy @rlatter! Good question. Families is $5 per month as a base price, and that covers five members. The early adopter bit adds two more, so you get seven total. Teams, on the other hand, will start around $5 per user per month. We haven't decided on the specifics yet, but it will be more than Families because it has a deeper set of features. Here are some of the differences:

• Teams is priced per-user (more flexible for companies).
    • Teams has fine-grained permission control.
    • Teams has more advanced management capabilities.
    • Teams will support custom groups.
    • Teams has more storage, more days of item history, more guests. Bigger numbers in general.

As the services grow they will be more differentiated, with new features specifically intended for families, some for teams, and others for both. I hope that helps answer your question! :)

• rlatter
    rlatter
    Community Member
    Options

It answers my question completely. Thank you.

• Mieke
    Mieke
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I set up a team account since I wanted to use it for a small organization. But on seeing the proposed prices I think it won't work.
    A license is about $65 p.person for an unlimited time. That is for one year about $5 a month but it's possible to use it for several years and that's what makes it worth buying. If the team app will be $5 p. person p. month I'm in fact sure that the team won't agree to use it. For small organizations it's only interesting if there is a price p. month for a number of team members as for family's.

Wouldn't it be possible to start with the same price for up to 5 members and then a bit higher for larger organizations?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

@Mieke: It's certainly something we can consider, but I think there are a few things to keep in mind here. 1Password Teams is differentiated on features, and really needs to cost more due to the associated development and support costs, as well as the increased storage and bandwidth (which isn't free). Feel free to shoot us an email at support@1password.com if you have additional questions about your specific licensing needs, and we'll see what we can do to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.