Bug Report! Copying pw fails in Safari 8.0

Options
skydance2016
skydance2016
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Business and Teams

Hi, I would like to submit a bug. The "Copy" password / info button does not work in Safari 8.0 in Yosemite 10.10.1. When I click the button, the information does not copy.

I tried it on another system, which is running Safari 9.0.2 on Yosemite 10.10.5. Here the Copy function works, creating a popup indicating me to press cmd+C to copy (not as seamless as in Chrome, but better!).

Thanks for making a public beta! So far things have been pretty seamless. I installed 1Pass Teams across five computers and put it on my phone too!

1Password Version: Teams 1.0.BUILD.87-0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite 10.10.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:install-beta, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @skydance2016! Thanks so much for reporting this. :) I hope folks are updating Safari to the latest versions because there are quite a few security updates between 8.0 and 9.1 (the current version). I've filed an issue for this with our development team, though, and hopefully we can get things patched up quickly. Thanks again for reporting it.

ref: B5-1353

• skydance2016
    skydance2016
    Community Member
    Options

Hi pender,

I would be fine to update Safari on that system, but I don't believe that there is a way to do it without also updating OS X. Unfortunately that system is locked to 10.10.1 due to stability concerns for other software that we are running.

• Jacob
    edited April 2016
    Options

@skydance2016 You definitely should be able to. Launch the App Store and click the Updates tab. Give it a minute to check for updates and it should find Safari 9.1. Let me know if it's :+1: or :-1:

• skydance2016
    skydance2016
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth Nope, it appears to be married into OS X. See: http://i.imgur.com/Yhp2hwd.png

Searching "Safari" in app store does not yield any results.

• skydance2016
    skydance2016
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Er I was checking the other system, but obv same thing on the 10.10.1 system - http://i.imgur.com/cHaVCyz.png

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up. I know at least a few recent Safari updates have been a separate download, but it may be that Safari 9 has dependencies in later OS X releases. It seems odd that a point release would pose a risk, but hopefully you'll be able to move on in the future.

This discussion has been closed.