Need help with 1Password-mac version vs. agilebits store version; not seeing features of sync,etc

jhitchcock
jhitchcock
Community Member

Not sure which version I have on my Mac at home. I know that I downloaded the $48 Families (credit of $10). I think I have the ‘Agilebits Store’ version and not the ‘Mac App Store’ version of 1Password. But in trying to look at Preferences on the APP, I don't see 'Sync' listed. I'm finding that when i go to refer to the manuals on understanding more about the tool, I can't seem to find what I needed. When I have my 'APP' up on my screen, it's listed as 1Password6. Does that help?

I've downloaded the 1Password mini as well as 1Password individuals apps for myself and my wife's iOS iPhone devices.

Help!!!! Trying to setup but not sure if I'm most efficiently setting up my systems.

Jason

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

Hi @jhitchcock,

You got a 1 year subscription to 1 Password Families, not a license. With Families you not only can share the information that you want, you also don't need to worry about syncing. Your data is safely stored on a server, therefore always available to you, and those you're sharing it with.

You can learn more about this and all you can do with 1 Password Families here:
    https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/

I hope this helps you clarify things, and be sure to ask any other questions that you have! :chuffed:

• I hope Pilar's answer was helpful @jhitchcock. All you need to do to have your data in all of your 1Password installations is sign into your 1Password account:

(Mac) Quick Start: 1Password Families and Teams

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jhitchcock
    jhitchcock
    Community Member

Thanks Pilar and Ben. Both very helpful.

I'm trying to read as much as I can to understand all the functionalities and general usage of the tool. Lots to learn. So far, seems pretty intuitive. I disconnected my sync as Pilar suggested. I've been primarily a Apple Keychain user for most website/login access so I'm just trying adjust and understand the differences and advantages. So far....so good.

Jason

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@jhitchcock,

I'm glad to hear that helped! Good luck with 1 Password. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, and don't hesitate to reach out any time if you have other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.