Refresh required when adding a new entry

ravidew
ravidew
Community Member

Hello!

I noticed that we add a new entry in our 1Pa Teams account, it doesn't show up until we "refresh" the vault. Hitting refresh in the browser doesn't work here; it frustratingly signs us out. Instead, I need to select a different value, then return to the one I added the entry to.

1. Could a future release show new entries in vaults automatically as they are added?
  2. Is it feasible for a browser refresh not to force a logout? If not, can you at least add a refresh/reload button somewhere on the page?

Thanks for your consideration!

David

1Password Version: Teams
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ravidew! Well I don't blame you for the frustration. It's not supposed to be doing that. The page does have a refresh, but it should be automatic based on the new item being added. What browser are you using? I just tested things in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari to make sure they work. I have a slightly slower internet connection at the moment so it takes a little over a second, but usually when you make a change to anything on another device or in the 1Password app, that is instantaneous in the web interface as well. Let me know what you're seeing so we can investigate. :glasses:

To answer your second question...

Is it feasible for a browser refresh not to force a logout? If not, can you at least add a refresh/reload button somewhere on the page?

This is a bit of a different thing. It has to do with your session changing since reloading using the browser reload essentially closes the page and opens it again. If you press Command or Control combined with R on your keyboard, you should see a quick "Reloading account" message pop up in Teams. Reloading using the browser's reload button does things a bit differently and will not keep you signed in.

• ravidew
    ravidew
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply, @penderworth.

I'm using Chrome 49/64-bit when noticing this funky behaviour but Cmd/Ctrl-R is the perfect workaround, and solves the problem for me at the moment. Thank you.

I understand the issue with page refreshes. Hmm. What about listening to the window.onbeforeunload() event and warning the user that a page refresh would sign them out? It could even inform them about the Cmd/Ctrl-R alternative. Then again, JS popup are delightfully tacky :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

@ravidew: I'm not able to reproduce this issue in Chrome 49 on El Capitan. Are you using a different OS? Do you have extensions that may be interfering?

I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying that an item added in the app does not show up in the web interface without a refresh? Editing existing items? Or vice versa? I tried all of these scenarios, and given that Chrome lives on a separate Space than 1Password, I actually struggled a few times to switch before things were updated in either direction.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• ravidew
    ravidew
    Community Member

Hey @brenty. The issue was that ideas added in the web interface would not appear in the web interface until I refresh the page or switched away/returned to the active vault.

But perhaps something was cached or a bug was fixed: I just tried an new item and it appeared immediately. I am no longer able to replicate the issue.

If there's anything troubleshooting remaining, I'm glad to do it, but since the issue appears to be resolved, I'm glad (and relieved!) to close this one.

• I'm still not able to reproduce it here either, so I think you're all set @ravidew. If you do notice some issues with it, though, feel free to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.