Problem logging in to website with multiple fields to enter username & password

Options

Web site has both registration fields and login fields. How to get 1password to fill in only login fields?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Problem logging in to website with multiple fields to enter username & password

Comments

• june8
    june8
    Community Member
    Options

If there're multiple input capable fields on login page, (for example New User fill these fields for sign up, old user enter username and password into these fields to sign in) 1P, either fills the wrong username and password fields or fills the correct username and passwords fields but also press enter for new users' sign up fields.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• june8
    june8
    Community Member
    Options
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @June8. Could you let us know more about the problem you're seeing? Is this happening for every site or just a few? Have you tried saving a new login for these sites? If that doesn't help, could you post the URLs of the sites so we can take a closer look?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• june8
    june8
    Community Member
    Options

Here's the same problem which I mentioned about:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/295318

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi, @Keithalman. Sorry for the trouble you're having. Could you let us know the URLs of some sites where this is happening for you? We made some pretty substantial changes in the form filling brain in 1Password 6.2, so it's possible this is a result of that. We will need to investigate a little closer to see how we can improve.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry, @june8, but I'm a bit confused. The comment you linked to is just a comment with a link back to this thread? Did you see my previous reply? How did that work out for you?

• june8
    june8
    Community Member
    Options

One of them:

https://www.istanbul.net/

If a page has both sign up and sign in fields 1P does not fill and submit correctly. Since 6.2

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that link. I just tested a new login with that site and it filled properly for me but the focus was in the incorrect field for submitting the form. Does that match your experience? In the meantime while we investigate a fix, please disable autosubmit so that you can fill and then submit the form manually and not have the login errors for when 1Password focuses the wrong field.

• june8
    june8
    Community Member
    Options

After 6.2 update 1P started to fill wrong username and password fields. Then I saved a new login for that site. Then it started to fill correct (upper) fields but focused onto other ones. If we sum up, something definetily broken with 6.2. Please fix this without making us having to create new logins for every problematic sites.

• Keithalman
    Keithalman
    Community Member
    Options

URL I am having a problem with is betterbookworld.com then select "My Account" to access registration and login screen. 1password is filling in username and password in new registration fields rather than login fields.

• june8
    june8
    Community Member
    Options
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for these links, folks. I will make test cases for these and see what we can do to fix them soon.

@june8 On Evidea, the forms are reusing field id's. This is technically incorrect and can confuse 1Password. On Istanbul.net, I'm not yet sure what the problem might be, but creating the test should reveal the problem.

@Keithalman When I copied and pasted betterbookworld.com, it looks like that domain is for sale. Is this the correct URL or did maybe something happen to the site?

• Keithalman
    Keithalman
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - It's betterworldbooks.com.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Keithalman. I just tested it and do see the same incorrect password field focusing behavior. We'll add a test for this site as well and use it to confirm our fixes.

This discussion has been closed.