1Password dismisses Firefox's password save prompt on new logins

Options

On a Mac, when I create a new login for a site in Firefox, Firefox prompts me to save this new password with its built-in password manager, but then 1Password also prompts me which causes the Firefox window to be dismissed. Being a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy, I'd like to store my passwords in both places. My workaround for now is to immediately log out of the site and then log back in at which point only Firefox asks me to save the password, which is a bit of a pain. It's not a version specific thing, as I've had it happen on various versions of Firefox and OS X. Is this something that can be fixed, or is this some limitations to the way Firefox extensions work?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @scaba. Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the late reply. This is a known issue and it relates to Firefox's behavior of dismissing the password saving prompt when Firefox loses focus. I believe this is a security related change on Mozilla's part. We recommend disabling Firefox's password manager and only using 1Password, but if you want to continue with both, my best recommendation is to disable autosave in 1Password and only use manual save. This way, you can save with 1Password and then when you submit the form, Firefox will prompt you to save as well.

I hope that helps.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.