First time launch of 1P iPad: how to sync with Dropbox?

tbassetto
tbassetto
Community Member
Hi,

Up until now, I was syncing 1Password Pro iPhone with 1Password on my Mac.

I recently bought an iPad 2 and installed 1Password Pro. But on the first launch, it asks me if I want to create a new database or if I want to sync over WiFi <_<

What's the procedure to sync directly with Dropbox?

Thanks

Comments

• tbassetto wrote:

Hi,

Up until now, I was syncing 1Password Pro iPhone with 1Password on my Mac.

I recently bought an iPad 2 and installed 1Password Pro. But on the first launch, it asks me if I want to create a new database or if I want to sync over WiFi <_<

What's the procedure to sync directly with Dropbox?

Thanks

enter after first start the SAME password and masterpassword, than on your other devices. then go to settings and enter dropbox account info, it starts syncing like magic! ;-)
  • tbassetto
    tbassetto
    Community Member
    Thanks, it worked ;)

I noticed that in the software category, applications do not have their icon. Is that normal?
  • I have a Mac, iPhone 4 and iPad G1.

I have installed an setup 1Password on my Mac. I have also configured it to Sync to Dropbox.

I have installed 1Password Pro on both my iPhone and iPad. I have managed to get the iPhone to Sync to Dropbox ok… but when I open 1Password Pro on the iPad for the first time all I get is an option to start a new database or Sync with an existing. When I click Sync with existing all I get is a screen with secret passwords to sync via WiFi and an option to cancel.

I cant find any option to get it operating on Dropbox.

I have the most up to date stable release of 1Password and the most up to date version of 1Password Pro.
  • bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello McShaman and welcome to the Forums!

I merged your topic with a similar thread.

I understand that it may seem counterintuitive, but when you are setting up your iPad for Dropbox syncing, you will need to create a new database, and then setup Dropbox syncing.

Please review the posts above for more details. Alternatively, you may find the following 1P user guides helpful: 1P for iPad: Get Started & Automatic Syncing Using Dropbox.

Please let us know how it works.

Cheers!

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.