Microsoft Edge compatibility

Options

Hi,
I am a little bit confused about the compatibility with Microsoft Edge browser.
When trying to log in using Edge, I face the following error message:

Your account requires browser with full WebCrypto API implementation (Chrome, Firefox, or Opera).

But in the FAQ (https://support.1password.com/teams-faq/) I found the following:
You can sign into the web app on any platform (including Linux) that supports the latest versions of Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Edge.

Can you please tell me, if Edge is supported, and if yes, why it is not working with my account?

Thanks in advance
Stefan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stefanschramek: It sounds like you may be in the same situation I am: as an early early adopter, my account doesn't have the changes we made later on to work around the limited WebCrypto support that Safari and Edge offer. Essentially, if you signed up in 2015 you're probably in this camp. If not, be sure to let me know!

Currently the only way to resolve this is to setup the account from scratch (since everything needs to be re-keyed). If you'd like to do that, shoot us an email at support@1password.com and we'll get things sorted out for you. :)

• stefanschramek
    stefanschramek
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I thought about switching to Family-Version - would the solve that problem too?
    Or is there an easy way to backup all items in the vaults?

• Hey @stefanschramek

I am sorry about the hassle here, we did try very hard (for weeks) to create a key migration for the early adopters that would allow them to work on either Safari or Edge. Sadly this has proven to be very hard and it is still not working correctly. I am not sure when (or even if) we will be able to get that to finally work.

I myself decided a few days ago that I really wanted to be able to use Safari within my family account, which was also an early adopter account. Since Safari was important to me (like Edge may be for yourself) I decided to create a new account and move everything over.

Here are the steps that I took:

• I first created a new account. You will have to choose a different domain as the existing domain is still active, but can keep the same account name.
    • I then created the (empty) vaults to match what was in my original account, and re-invited my family members.
    • I then added my new account to 1Password for Mac (my original account was still there as well).
    • Now I can easily select each vault from my original account on my Mac, select all items in that vault and then Copy them to the same vault in the new account. This will move over all items. Documents will have to be re-uploaded though. Each member of the family will have to do the same for their personal vault as only they have access to that vault. Our Windows 10 app has a similar Copy function if you aren't using Mac.

Now my new family account is all set up and looks just like my original family account... but I can use Safari (or Edge). At this point the original account can be removed from your devices and closed.

I realize that this isn't optimal, and it would be awesome if we could get the key migration to work, but to be honest, it wasn't that painful for me and the benefits of being able to use Safari are pretty nice. :)

I hope this helps!

• stefanschramek
    stefanschramek
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer!
    I can't figure out how to move the items in Windows 10 App - there is not context menu and Strg-C/Strg-P is not working.

• You can copy items in the Windows 10 App through the Select menu in the Item List.

Using the Select menu you can "Select all" and then "Share" those items. This will bring up a list of vaults, and selecting one of those vaults should copy the selected items (all in this case) to that vault.

• stefanschramek
    stefanschramek
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - but it is only possible to move the items this way to vaults in the same place, not e.g. from Teams Vault to Dropbox.
    Can you confirm, that moving about "borders" is possible this way?

• That is correct, the Dropbox vaults are read-only in the Windows 10 Beta, but the 1Password Families or 1Password for Teams vaults are read-write. If you create vaults in a new 1Password Families account then you should be able to copy the items over successfully.

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still getting the "Could not complete the operation due to error 8070000b." error on Edge. I signed up in 2016. Should this be the case?

• @swivelman You should not be seeing the error in the new Team/Family account. It might be related to something else. When do you see this error message?

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@roustem Anytime I try to log in using Edge.

• Ben
    Options

Interesting. Thanks @swivelman. I'd like to pull up your account and see if any of the details there give us any more information about this error. Could you please send us an email?

Please:

• Address it to support@1password.com
    • Send it from the email address associated with your Teams account
    • Include a link to this thread ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/60441/ ) as well as your forum handle ( swivelman )
    • Include your Teams domain ( e.x. myteam.1password.com )

Thank you!

Ben

• AdamP
    AdamP
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Done.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @swivelman. We've received your email and will be back with you shortly. :)

Ben

ref: FUK-96116-875

This discussion has been closed.