"There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari"

Hi -- After clearing all of Safari 9.1's cookies, I got the "Problem with Database" issue. I followed a nice tutorial on this site, then ran the 1password application, which recognized I didn't have the extension, and asked if it could re-install it. After I let it, I got this message:

There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari

Of course, I do have the 1password app, which worked fine until I cleared all my cookies.

Stephen

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:extension database not available, kb-search:There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smgreenfield,

The version of our extension that you referenced, version 4.5.5 is the latest version of the extension but it is only compatible with 1Password 4 for Mac and newer. Basically a lot changed in 1Password 4 and much of that affected how the extension worked too.

If you installed version 4.5.5 I'm guessing you found our 1Password Browser Extensions. As a 1Password 3 for Mac user though the page you're looking for is

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/

Now as you're also running OS X 10.11 AKA El Capitan it is probably worthwhile reading the contents of our thread Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X as 1Password 3 is quite old now, in fact old enough that incompatibilities have crept in due to all the changes in OS X since we last worked on it. The thread I linked to should help explain the situation but if you have any questions at all please do ask :smile:

• smgreenfield
    smgreenfield
    Community Member

Yea! That appears to solve the problem. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad we could help @smgreenfield :smile: If you have any questions about 1Password 3 for Mac and El Capitan please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.