Multiple individual 1Password A/C - Convert to Family?

Options
drodjr
drodjr
Community Member

We have several individual installations of 1password on our computers/phones - each has a different "master" password to enter. We are considering a Family version, but really want to maintain privacy as much as possible. If we get the family version, will each person have to use the same "master" password to initially enter 1password? In addition, can I maintain a separate version and the family version both - or do I need to make a choice?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @drodjr! Great question. Each member on the account actually has their own Master Password and Account Key. They also get a Personal vault that only they can access, and they are added to the Shared vault that everyone in the account can use. So it's the same as the setup you currently have, just consolidated in one Families account. The benefits of that are account recovery if someone loses their Master Password or Account Key, and of course sharing.

In addition, can I maintain a separate version and the family version both - or do I need to make a choice?

Absolutely. You can use the Personal vault in your Families account if you'd like, or you can keep the Primary vault in your current 1Password apps and sync that elsewhere with iCloud or Dropbox. I'd recommend using the Personal vault. That's what I do and it works very well. :)

This discussion has been closed.