1password crash when selecting a login item or performing a search

Options

Since quite recently, 1password has become very unstable. I can log in without problems, but when selecting a log-in item, the app crashes. Also, when trying to do a search, just typing the first character of a search term crashes the app.

I wanted to attach a crash report, but apparently it's too long to be included in the question

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @lootser,

I'd love to not only get a copy of that crash report, but a Diagnostic report of your 1Password as well, so we can determine why this happened (and to give you better instructions to get back up and running).

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

• lootser
    lootser
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent two mails; one with Diagnostics report and one with the output of running the diagnostics utility

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @lootser,

I've moved your query to the Legacy section of our forums as you say you're running 1Password 3 for Mac and I also found the emails you sent, thank you.

I'm not sure if Nathan picked up on the version of 1Password for Mac that you're running as we are aware that users are experiencing a variety of incompatibilities when running this now quite old version of 1Password for Mac on OS X 10.11 AKA El Capitan. The last time we worked on 1Password 3 for Mac was when Mountain Lion had just been released and over the years enough has changed in OS X that 1Password 3's time has come to an end. You can read more about this in our thread, 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X where we cover why and what the options are. If you have any questions afterwards please do ask but what I can say is 1Password 3 for Mac won't be receiving any more updates so I would expect the incompatibility with OS X to only increase.

I apologise that it isn't great news.

ref: TIV-58862-253

• lootser
    lootser
    Community Member
    Options

Successfully upgraded to 1password6 in the mean time...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.