trying to switch vault via web interface

DanBrotsky
DanBrotsky
Community Member

When accessing my 1Password Famly account over the web, is there a way for me to move a login from one vault to another?

Background: I support my family members, some of whom are very non-tech-savvy. My father-in-law has created some logins in his personal vault that he wants to switch into a shared vault (specifically created just for his passwords, but that I have access to so I can help him). Of course he can do this from his 1Password, but it's hard to coach him through that remotely. I can't do it from my 1Password, because I can't add his personal vault (can I?). I can get to his personal vault from the web interface (by logging in as him, with his permission), but I can't find a way to switch vaults on a login from there. Is there one?

1Password Version: 6.2 (620012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:switch to vault

Comments

• Hi @DanBrotsky

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Unfortunately at the moment the web interface does not have a function to move or copy items between vaults. Sorry for the inconvenience! That is something we hope to be able to add in a future iteration.

It also isn't possible to sign into two accounts within the same 1Password for Families account from the apps. The only way to do that would be to create a separate user account on your Mac, and login as your father-in-law in that 2nd user account.

Sorry we don't have a more convenient answer at the moment, but hopefully we will in the future.

Ben

• DanBrotsky
    DanBrotsky
    Community Member

@bwoodruff thanks for the quick reply and the confirmation that the situation is as I understand it. I know you guys are always working to improve so I'm glad to give you new goals to shoot for :). -d.

• You're most welcome, @DanBrotsky! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.