Credit for quest completion [coming soon, as mentioned in the email reply]

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Adding Credit card to Families Account.

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I just added my card. Maybe you should send out a newsletter or create a blog post telling every one that they could add their card. Also I would like to know why I only got the 10$ not the 15$ (because of the completion of the quest)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ntimo,

We've run into a couple of snags (nothing major) but we'd like to get those wrapped up before fully publicizing the fact that billing is available. Once we've done that we'll get a newsletter out. :)

I'm not sure I follow about the $10 vs $15. Could you please elaborate? We are aware of some cases where folks who are eligible for the Early Adopter Special receive the extra 2 family members and extra storage, but not the account credit (one of the snags I mentioned). If that is what you're seeing please drop us an email to support@1password.com from the email address you used to create your account. When you get an automated response from BitBot please post the support ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff When you complete all the quest you have this reward button when you click it you will be promted to send an email if you send this email you get an email back saying that you will get another month free witch in my option would be 5$ more credit so that instead of the 10 there should be 15. Or am I wrong?

• Ben
    Options

I see. Yes. Please send the email. We'll get you fixed up.

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff there is the ticket id: [#UNE-55223-953]

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2016
    Options

Got it. Thanks! :)

Ben

ref: UNE-55223-953

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ntimo: I hope you don't mind, but I've split this off into a separate discussion so we can focus on this particular issue, and also make it easier for others to find it too.

First and foremost, we'll make sure that everyone who's completed the quests gets their credit before they're billed, so no worries there.

As for the details, as mentioned in the email reply:

You will receive your reward once 1Password for Teams has graduated from beta; until then, continue to enjoy 1Password Teams for free!

I know many of us completed our quests long ago (perhaps using 1Password Teams, before Families even existed), and have since forgotten everything but the important detail of the 5$ credit; this is also a really confusing message for a new 1Password Families subscriber, so we're going to address that issue as well.

I'm really sorry for any confusion this has caused. Rest assured we're on top of it. :)

ref: B5-1154

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Ok, thats fine I don't mind the split of ;) Yes its true that the mail says Teams, but I think this is because teams was first and then came families ;) Maybe you could simple show a message in the webinterface when you click the button to get the reward this way you don't have to deal with the email responder. Or you could create a separate mail where the family mails are send to so they get a different auto reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brenty Ok, thats fine I don't mind the split of ;) Yes its true that the mail says Teams, but I think this is because teams was first and then came families ;)

@ntimo: You're exactly right! That was setup so long ago that we'd overlooked that it only addressed 1Password Teams.

Maybe you could simple show a message in the webinterface when you click the button to get the reward this way you don't have to deal with the email responder. Or you could create a separate mail where the family mails are send to so they get a different auto reply.

Definitely. While I think people will be happy once the credits are sent out, we'll make this clearer for people too. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

In my mail the text was "A free month of 1Password for Teams!". There was no mention of a credit or filling in credit card details.

That's why I thought I would get a free month that I could use/test the service before I had to start paying, but apparently I now first have to start paying to get this free month?

Unfortunately this is the second time I get disappointed because my assumptions about gifts turn out to be wrong; that might be just me, but on the other hand a better wording (using the word "credit" in this mail) would have prevented that, so maybe you can learn from this for future communications? "Manage expectations" ;)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XIII,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry that the email was less than clear, and I'll be sure to pass it along to our documentation team to see if we can improve it in the future. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Do you have any news on this? Because the date of the 15 is already moving nearer. So a solution would be very nice ;)

• Ben
    Options

@ntimo,

I do not have any news, but I will ping the appropriate people to make sure this is still moving forward. Thanks.

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff thank you :)

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome. I've received confirmation that this is moving along. :)

Ben

• maxmustermann
    maxmustermann
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

edit

This can be deleted.

Just saw that a negative total will result in a positive balance on the account when the "free" period is over.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

• Ben
    Options

No worries, @maxmustermann. Thanks for the update!

Ben

• maxmustermann
    maxmustermann
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, just out of curiosity:

What happens if multiple team members received a mail by the lean mean quest machine?

• Ben
    Options

The credit is per-account, not per-team/family member. :)

Ben

• maxmustermann
    maxmustermann
    Community Member
    Options

More than reasonable :-) Still I was curious. Thanks @bwoodruff

• Ben
    Options

No problem, @maxmustermann.

Ben

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@bwoodruff Hmm, I've completed all quests and entered a credit card in my Families account but I don't see anything about a $5 credit for quest completion. Is this supposed to be there? Note that my account was originally a Teams account, that I entered the credit card close to two weeks ago, but I didn't complete all 8 quests until today, if that makes a difference. I'm signed up for annual billing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dszp: Ah, that explains it. I have good news and I have bad news: The bad news is that the reward at the end of the quest chain needed to be claimed before it vanished. It was a bonus benefaction to mark the achievement, but alas, it is lost to the mists of time. The good news is that everyone who signs up for 1Password Families and adds a credit card to setup billing by April 14th gets the early adopter perks for as long as they're subscribed. And of course a safe and secure Family is its own reward. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.