IPO?

JonWW
JonWW
Community Member
it's all the rage... is agilebits going to jump?
OK, not that I'm a big fan of stocks and trading, but I've used 1PW for years now and have come to rely on its simplicity and functionality so much that I honestly would be lost (or less organized) without it.

So... today I opened a new trading account and of course put all the account info into 1PW immediately, sync'd to my dropbox and made sure that it was mobile on my phone (a step that I still do even though I know that it will be there).

Now, I'm in the market for a long-ish-term Mutual Fund type investment, and I've been reading up on all these new-ish ETFs and I began to think... if I were to bundle an investment into a tech group who would I want to invest in? It only took a quick glance at my front page on my phone to see that little 1PW icon and realize that THIS is the company to invest in.

But, alas, as it would turn out, I don't see any ticker for agilebits.

So, the question... is agilebits ever going to go public? is there any way to invest in agilebits? You all have undoubtedly seen the new Tech IPO's that have come to market. Unfortunately, they are either WAY overpriced for a company that doesn't produce anything or they are just plain hard to get (I'm not a huge investor, and would rather put my hard-earned money into a firm that I 1) rely on, and 2) really care about). So, for a company like agilebits to go public would be a boon to those that understand the company's value.

I do realize that part of agilebits appeal is it's indie/personalized/crafted feel, and maybe going public would be ... well... to corporate. The benefits weighed against the losses would need to be looked at carefully (duh! I'm sure you realize that), but I would feel so incredibly proud to have a stake in this company with more than just owning it's products (which, btw, I'm so incredibly proud to have, and flaunt and advertise it to my friends and colleagues on a regular basis).

Any thoughts? Insights? Early investment options for people who LOVE the agilebits products :P ?

Comments

• bswins
    edited June 2011
    IPO?

Dave and Roustem can't be bought! ;)

It's certainly a wonderful thought, and I'm sure with users who love 1Password as much as you, me and the multitudes of others out there, an IPO may be a future event. However, I'm in the dark as much as you are.

Food for thought: Apple was once an indie/personalized/crafted feel company too. I still think they are, to some extent, but it shows you are on the right track!

Keep the faith, brother.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    At this stage of the game, I do not believe there is an IPO planned. But I guess we never say "never," so we'll just remain agile as usual. :-)

Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words, though! There is definitely something different about this company (spoken as someone who has only been with the company for less than a year).
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    JonWW wrote:

So, the question... is agilebits ever going to go public? is there any way to invest in agilebits?

I hope I'm not revealing too much when I say that I don't think Dave and Roustem even bother to return the calls from venture capitalists. So I love your expression of confidence, but this is not something I see happening.

I do realize that part of agilebits appeal is it's indie/personalized/crafted feel, and maybe going public would be ... well... to corporate.

Exactly. We would never want to lose that. Dave and Roustem love what they do (as do we all). I can't see them working for investors instead of for the love of what we do.

but I would feel so incredibly proud to have a stake in this company with more than just owning it's products (which, btw, I'm so incredibly proud to have, and flaunt and advertise it to my friends and colleagues on a regular basis)

I know exactly how you feel. We really need to do something about AgileBits swag.

Cheers,

-j
This discussion has been closed.