Is there a way to make 1Pass extension to work with the new VIVALDI browser ?

Options

Is there a way to make 1Pass extension to work with the new VIVALDI browser ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:code-signature

Comments

• adin
    adin
    Community Member
    Options

to allow the chrome extension to fill data. The extension itself appears to fully work as-is!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.1 (610006) Mac App Store
    Extension Version: 4.5.6.4
    OS Version: 10.11.5
    Sync Type: icloud
    Referrer: kb:code-signature

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @adin. We've added support for Vivaldi's code signature in the current betas of 1Password and now that Vivaldi is out of beta, we are making it available in the next release to our stable version as well.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jadecrea I hope you don't mind, but I merged your post with another question about Vivaldi as well. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded too the beta to try with Vivaldi - There is no Vivaldi extension so I guessed I should use the Chrome one (is that correct).

Vivaldi lists it as an extension and puts the 1password icon in the browser toolbar.

However when I hot the button I get a page saying

Looking for the 1Password app

and failing to find it - the app is in /Applications

What have I done incorrectly?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bestlem,

Vivaldi is based on Chromium so yes, installing the 1Password Chrome Extension is what you want to do.

What you're experiencing afterwards sounds like something is interfering with communication between the 1Password Browser Extension and 1Password mini. There are a number of classes of software that might be responsible and the following isn't an exhaustive list but should give you an idea of what might be the cause.

• anti-virus software.
    • Third party firewall.
    • Parental control software.
    • Proxy.
    • VPN.

Basically anything design to filter, block or redirect packets could be accidentally causing the breakdown in communication.

If you use a proxy or VPN our page, Configuring a firewall or proxy on your Mac may help.

Does anything here sound like something you use and maybe help explain what you're seeing?

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it was a proxy

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bestlem,

If it was a proxy I take it adding 127.0.0.1 sorted things out?

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it was (why doesn't Apple add that as one of the exceptions by default - it does for the local network

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation, @bestelm! I'm glad things are working better now.

This discussion has been closed.