How to delete duplicate entries in Primary Family vault?

Options
Paul Applegate
Paul Applegate
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Families

How do I delete duplicate entries in my primary family vault from the web interface? A bulk edit not one at a time which seems to be all I can do.
On a related topic, when I select all and choose Share-Copy to Primary vault from 1Password on the Mac does it allow duplicates or is it smart enough to skip something that is already there?
Thanks,
Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

You can't do a bulk edit via the web interface yet.

Copy creates a new item while Move just changes the vault. No sure what it does if something is already there.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

When you move or copy an item to another vault it becomes a new item. There is no association to the original / previous item. So copying it again into the same vault will create a new copy of the original (which may be a duplicate of the one already there).

Ben

• Paul Applegate
    Paul Applegate
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. For now I am selecting my Primary(Family) vault on the Mac and using the Duplicate passwords built in search then I am deleting them manually and that should delete the duplicates when it syncs.

• Paul Applegate
    Paul Applegate
    Community Member
    Options

An even better solution, I just deleted everything in the Primary Family vault, and then copied everything over again. No duplicates.

• Ben
    Options

@Paul Applegate

Yep, that sounds like a reasonable approach! Glad to hear you found a solution. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.