1Password for Families is missing Folders and Smart Folders option is appears.

Options
invertedlight
invertedlight
Community Member

It appears the Folders option is missing from the Families edition. Am I just missing where the featured moved to?
If not then is it planned to add Folders into the Family product version?

1Password Version: Families
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Folders and Smart Folders in Family?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @invertedlight,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'm not aware of any plans to add support for folders to 1Password for Families, but tags are available and serve most of the same purposes.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• invertedlight
    invertedlight
    Community Member
    Options

I'll look at the Tags. Was thinking of making a vault for each folder and keeping them organized that way. But skipping around between vaults was sounding like not such a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. I think you'll find tags to be a much more managable solution. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Can you add to the feature request for getting back the smart folders. It's a huge regression.

Tags cannot brings us the same features like smart folder. I use a lot the smart folders to filter my items to find which one is not correctly tags for example. I use too, smart folders with multiple tags in query to search and be able to maintain several vaults.

I don't ask to get folders but smart folders.
    Or can you let me know how we can find several items containing several tags if we don't have smart folders.

• Ben
    Options

Yes! Thanks for the suggestion, @Spinacle. Smart Folders is definitely something we'd like to do, but have run into some challenges in making it cross platform. As such I can't make any promises, but hopefully it is something we can incorporate in the future.

Ben

• percheron
    percheron
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on the Smart Folders suggestion. Regardless of what the functionality is called, tags are most useful when searches on multiple tags can be saved and easily executed. This basically defines Smart Folders from my perspective. Hope to see this soon. I am holding off from Families because of this one feature.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @percheron. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.