Android Keyboard Password Filling

Options
mjdyson
mjdyson
Community Member

Hello, please excuse me if I'm missing something completely obvious!

Im a user of 1P for Windows, Mac and Android and having some interesting issues finding logins for Android (using the latest beta, but I think this still applies to the main app). With Windows/PC and the Chrome extension, things work great and the current site gets detected.

In Android however, the site never seems to be picked up in Chrome and across other apps. I'm using the 1P keyboard to retrieve my login details. When I hold the 1P icon, it asks for my master password (great) and then tells me that "this browser requires manual filling" (for com.android.chrome.....) presumably because the 1P app looks at the calling java class and not the website currently loaded.

Is this the expected behaviour for the keyboard filling, or is there some other way to get the password data without having to manually type in the site search?

Has the dev team looked into using a similar model to the Google Now on Tap (scraping through the view hierarchy) for cases like this? Does it provide additional security problems of its own?

Cheers :)

1Password Version: 6.3b1
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mjdyson
    mjdyson
    Community Member
    Options

For those stumbling across my issue, make sure you've got the automatic filling service enabled. Oops.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your feedback. It’s not your fault for not discovering the automatic filling option, many of our users miss it. It is required for 1Password to detect websites in the Chrome browser and provide automatic filling. We plan to look into improving the visibility for turning on this option.

Google Now is very interesting to us. I don’t have much to share about it now, but our devs are keeping a close eye on it. ;)

This discussion has been closed.