Tried to sync to my computer and lost everything

Options
goldbond
goldbond
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Android

I installed 1password on my android phone and bought the app for advance features. I put in all my accounts and passwords. I then downloaded the app for my windows computer and set up the web sync over wifi. After doing that I went back to my phone and now the app is acting as though it has no data. Where did it all go? Its not on my computer. Its almost as if it synced nothing from my computer to my phone instead of syncing all the stuff in the app on my phone to the computer. Is there a save somewhere on the android phone??

1Password Version: 6.2.1
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: windows 10, android 6.0.1
_Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@goldbond: I'm sorry for the trouble! I'm not sure what could have gone wrong, but the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report for each device and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• goldbond
    goldbond
    Community Member
    Options

I can't send a diagnostic because the app acts like it's brand new with no data. Do I set it up again from scratch? I spent hours over the past few weeks with this app setting it all up and I can't believe it's just vanished. It's asking for a local save on my phone, is one created by the app? Where is it located?

• goldbond
    goldbond
    Community Member
    Options

I cant believe i paid for this cr-app. What a waste. I have been reading all about the sync issues.Its dishonest to release something for android when you guys know it doesn't work right.

• saad
    Options

I’m not sure what went wrong, but your recent comment suggest that 1Password for Android might have been reinstalled (or data cleared in Settings). I’m sorry you’re experiencing this and we will try our best to help recover your data.

If you configured Wi-Fi sync previously then a data folder is not created locally on your phone. It is only created if you used the Local storage sync option.

Could you please send us a diagnostic report from your Windows PC in the meantime? We will take a look and see if there are backups we can restore to. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.