1Password keyboard will not close on Android

Options
RxH
RxH
Community Member

After filling username and password the 1Passsword keyboard does not close. It remains onscreen, partially covering the app I used 1Password to open. The only way I have found to get rid of the keyboard is to restart my phone. Not a convenient way of doing things.
This problem came up several weeks ago, then went away. Now it is back.

Also I do not know if you are interested in receiving suggestions from users, but I have two changes I would like to see in the app.

• The 1Password keyboard should only deploy when iPassword is in use and then close, allowing the use of another keyboard for other purposes. As it is now, Android users have to make the 1Password keyboard their default keyboard.
  • Add arrow keys to the keyboard to move the cursor. Most keyboards I know of have this. As it is now the only way to move the cursor is by touching the screen.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 4.4.2
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: ug:android/, kb-search:1Password Android keyboard will not close

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @RxH. I’m sorry to hear the 1Password Keyboard is not closing sometimes on your device. We resolved a similar issue in our latest beta (6.2b1) and I’m curious to find out if that resolves this problem you are experiencing. If you like to join our beta program, please sign up here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/56932/welcome-to-1password-6-for-android

When you get a chance to try the latest beta, please let us know if you continue to experience the same problem.

It's always so great to hear from people who love 1Password as much as we do. We're always looking to make 1Password the best, and your suggestions are always much appreciated! Let’s dive right in:

The 1Password keyboard should only deploy when iPassword is in use and then close, allowing the use of another keyboard for other purposes. As it is now, Android users have to make the 1Password keyboard their default keyboard.

It’s not possible for us to change your default keyboard to the 1Password Keyboard and then switch back. It can only be doing by the user. However, depending on your device and OS version, you may be able to quickly switch keyboards by long-pressing the spacebar or tapping on the dedicated button on the navigation bar.

Add arrow keys to the keyboard to move the cursor. Most keyboards I know of have this. As it is now the only way to move the cursor is by touching the screen.

That’s an interesting suggestion. I’ll bring it up to our developer.

Thanks! And of course, if you have any further questions (or notice anything else cool and new out there that we need to know about!) we're here for you. :)

• Fullmoon
    Fullmoon
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, @saad
    We resolved a similar issue in our latest beta (6.2b1) and I’m curious to find out if that resolves this problem you are experiencing.

I have 6.2.1b1 and I have the same issue. It is somewhat intermittent, sometimes keyboard closes as it should, sometimes it remains on screen. I think that bug is probably related to autofill. Keyboard closes normally when I fill login/password with blue buttons.

Thank you for info about long pressing spacebar. Maybe you could indicate that option with some icon on spacebar?

Also, while we are speaking about suggestions — please add numbers row on keyboard.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions, @Fullmoon. I’ll bring them up!

Are you experiencing this issue with certain apps or websites? Our team is aware of a few scenarios where the keyboard does not get dismissed when it should, and we are working on a fix!

• Fullmoon
    Fullmoon
    Community Member
    Options

@saad, with apps. Not sure I can reliably remember which ones.

Ok, checked it now and found a couple.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.habrahabr
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.goodgame.goodgame
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.zenmoney.android

If I use fill buttons on top of keyboard (blue ribbon thing), i.e. click login field→click „Fill login“→click password field→click „Fill password“→click Login button in app, keyboard closes.
    If I use autofill and click Login button in app, keyboard hangs. It seems it doesn't matter if I click anything in keyboard (edit filled login/password, close blue ribbon, etc).

Can't say anything for websites, my browser (Yandex) does not give website addresses to 1Pasword, that is, 1Password says „logins not found for com.yandex.browser“. By the way, can you do anything about that?

• saad
    Options

Thanks for sharing that list with us. I’ll make sure we test with those apps when we have the fix ready.

We will need to look into what information Yandex provides for auto-detection and auto-filling to work correctly. I’ll open an internal issue for our devs to review at a later time. :)

• Silican
    Silican
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue on my Android device running Lollipop. The keyboard doesnt have a way to minimize or hide when the focus is away from the textbox fields. So in most apps, I dont have access to the Sign In button, as the keyboard stays on top of that.

• saad
    Options

@Silican Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing this too. We are working towards a fix for this issue and hope to have an update for it soon.

This discussion has been closed.