I signed up for a family account but used a new master password, now I can't add it?

Options
pcanz
pcanz
Community Member

I tried to open my new family 1password on an iPad app, I could scan the QR code, but the new master password for the new family account is being rejected. I used the old master password to open the app as the only way to try and add the new account. Now I am stuck!

I would send you the iPad app 1Password version if you had made that visible to me... that's another question!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate, kb-search:different master password for family, kb:faq

Comments

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@pcanz If the password you used isn't working very little can be done right now. I would write into support(support@agilebits.com) and see if they can remove your account to start over.

Once you get up and running you can assign other Organizers so you can recover from this type of event in the future.

• pcanz
    pcanz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, it was my intention to send this message to the AgileBits support team, I thought that what I done! Still a lot to learn. But I must say that the reason I have never done this before is because for many years 1Password has just kept doing everything I wanted it to do.

• Jacob
    Options

@pcanz Aww, that's so kind. :) We've received your email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for getting in touch.

ref: JXA-24943-687

This discussion has been closed.