Should I purchase Families or Singular License? Confused.

Options
TP757
TP757
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to figure out which version of 1password to purchase. I need it for my personal accounts and business accounts and so does my wife. All of my devices are Mac. My wife currently has a Windows PC and an iPhone but later this year we will be getting her an iPad or Mac to go with the iPhone. In the near future we plan to hire a virtual assistant who we would also want to have access to certain business accounts. What should I be purchasing to meet these needs? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TP757,

I think what would work best for you is to get a subscription to 1Password Families. You'll get the apps for all your devices, on every platform. There can be up to five users in the family account, so it would work just right for you, your wife and one more person! You can create as many vaults as you need and decide with whom you share each of them. Keep in mind that you would not be able to easily share your information with the standalone license. You can read all the details and perks that come with 1Password families here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/

I hope this helps you! :chuffed:

• TP757
    TP757
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding. If I need to switch out an assistant because it isn't working out with that person is it easy to do? Will that remove the access from the account that someone previously had? Would they still be able to access anything they created? Also if I have it for families does that mean the person I add does not need to purchase it themselves? Would they just download the apps?

• TP757
    TP757
    Community Member
    Options

Also will I be able to use two factor authentication with the family option for the assistant I hire so I know when they are logging in?

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@TP757 Sure removing someone from your team will take away their access, but keep in mind that before you fired them they could have written down or saved all the important information. So I also would reset all of those accounts just to be safe.

Once they are removed from the Family their personal vault is deleted and they won't be able to access any other vault.

If a person is part of your family they don't need to purchase a license. You give them a license with your invite.

1Password for Families uses an account key to protect your data. They have mentioned that two factor authentication has been requested a lot so they could support it. If you want to read more about the account key use the below link.

Understanding the Account Key

• TP757
    TP757
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the great info @Scuba629 and @Pilar!

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Pilar and Scuba629, you're welcome. :+1: Thanks for discussing things!

This discussion has been closed.