Should I convert to Family plan?

Options
cynmar
cynmar
Community Member

My husband and I and my Mom are urgently using 1 password on all of our computers and devices. I am not currently paying ongoing fees. I do not want to miss out on this opportunity but am reluctant to add monthly costs if I do not need to. What will I be missing if I do not upgrade? Will I be paying upgrade fees in the future on what I am currently using?

Comments

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@cynmar Check out the below links to see what you get and what is different. As for the upgrade fees for what you are currently using that is anyone's guess. In the past they have given a lot of free upgrades but that might come to a close. With Families every person under your family gets free upgrades and a license for all software.

1Password Families site

Find the 1Password that's right for you

• cynmar
    cynmar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Will sign up now. Can my migration take awhile?

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@cynmar you will have to move your items from their current vaults to the Families vaults.

Migrate to a Family or Team account (Mac)

or

Migrate to a Family or Team account (Windows)

• cynmar
    cynmar
    Community Member
    Options

I want to purchase a family account today to take benefit of your offer, how do I upgrade from my existing account?

• cynmar
    cynmar
    Community Member
    Options

We are using pro features and my husband is on a PC while the rest of our devices are apple

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

At a minimum, just sign up for Families and enter your credit card .. Everything will still work as normal

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @cynmar! Great question. There's no upgrade required — Families is a whole new thing. Just sign up for an account, then sign in to that account on your devices and move over any existing data you'd like to have in your account. To get the Early Adopter Benefits, enter your credit card as rr0ss0rr mentioned and you'll be all set. :)

This discussion has been closed.