Invoice/billing explanation?

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Families

So I added my credit card today and got my first invoice. Now I'm confused. Can you please explain it?

On the billing page:

First Invoice
Date 2016-04-15
Families Launch Special (Monthly) $5.00
Quest Reward -$5.00
Discount (until 2016-06-12) -$5.00
Subtotal -$5.00
Tax -$1.05
Total -$6.05
Amount Due $0
Your credit card will not be charged.
Additional credit of $6.05 will be applied to your account.

On my 1st invoice:

Families Launch Special (Monthly)
April 12, 2016 to April 15, 2016 $0.00
Subtotal $0.00
Discount -$5.00 (Family_Monthly_Special)
Tax (21%) $0.00
Total $0.00
Paid $0.00
Outstanding Balance $0.00

Does this mean one of the $5 credits is applied for just 3 days? (April 12 - April 15)

When will I be billed again? What's my current credit? What will the first 3 months look like?

My expectations:

• first invoice on April 15 (not April 12)
  • $15 credit (3 x $5)
  • first month: pay $0 ($5 + tax; from credits)
  • second month: pay $0 ($5 + tax; from credits)
  • third month: pay a bit less than usual (remaining credits)
  • next: pay $5 + tax ("usual")

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@XIII: I'm a little bit confused. Are you not able to view your current balance and next payment date and amount in the web interface? Please let me know what you find!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

No, I can't find any balance and the next payment date is as listed above ("Date 2016-04-15"):

Renews April 15, 2016

And:

Your first monthly invoice will be sent on April 15, 2016.

As posted above, I already received an invoice today, for 3 days (Apr 12 2016 - Apr 14 2016) and one of the credits seems to be applied for that?

• I am sorry about the confusion, @XIII!

We use Stripe to process subscriptions and it automatically creates a $0.00 invoice at the moment the credit card is added. It is certainly very confusing and we hope to resolve this issue today.

Your expectations are correct. The only difference is that for monthly subscription, instead of $10, you will receive the Early Adopter bonus twice: $5 and $5. The Quest Rewards credit will stay on your account balance and will be used to pay for the third month.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the explanation!

• You are very welcome! We are working on sorting out these issues, thank you for sticking with us!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm still on the bandwagon, but to be honest I have feared more than once that AgileBits is racing to a situation Tapity put itself in with Hours 2.0:

We messed up

I really hope my fear is not justified and 1Password for Families will do well from the start!

• Ben
    Options

That was a good read; thanks for sharing XIII. While I'm sure we'll be adding more productivity features over the coming months/years, we have not had any of the reliability issues that Tapity ran into.

Thanks!

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Received my first "real" invoice today.

It's available on https://.1password.com/admin/billing/invoices, but it's the only one.

So the previous one is gone now. Will this overview show all invoices (in the future) or only the last one?

(the text seems to suggest "all": "Here are all of your previous invoices")

• Hi @XIII

You should be able to see all of your invoices there.

When initially adding your credit card a special $0 invoice is created as our payment provider authorizes your card to ensure it is valid. This is a false invoice and we've since removed those which is likely why your previous one is now missing. When actual invoices are created for your subscription they will be available and you will be able to go back and look at any one of them.

Thanks
    -Jeff

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

OK.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1: