I've done all I can do off this page for the invalid code signature error; what now?

Options

Your troubleshooting page suggests updating the browser and restarting the machine, which I did. I also notice 1Password had an update pending so updated that as well and restarted the browser after that. I have removed the extension and re-installed it as well and still no joy. It's interesting to note that when I click on 1Password Mini, it prompts me to install the Chrome extension even though I have already done so.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:code-signature

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fyrfli: It may simply be that Chrome is damaged, so reinstalling a fresh copy of the browser would be a good — and easy — next step.

However, it's much more common that some other software is modifying the browser and invalidating the signature, or simply preventing 1Password from connecting and verifying it. Do you have "security" software that might be interfering?

• fyrfli
    fyrfli
    Community Member
    Options

I'll remove and reinstall Chrome in a sec but I'm curious what constitutes "security" software. I run Glimmerblocker on the OS and Ghostery in the browser. Do those count?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fyrfli: Absolutely. While I'm not aware of any issues with those two in particular, a good troubleshooting step would be to disable other extensions to see if it makes any difference. Let me know what you find!

• fyrfli
    fyrfli
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Check that out! It was GlimmerBlocker. Good to know. Thanks!

Should we tell the GlimmerBlocker team anything?

• fyrfli
    fyrfli
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind. There are other forum discussions on here that mention precisely this issue and has a solution to boot. Thanks so much for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, no problem! And thanks so much for following up and mentioning that. For some reason I had thought the GlimmerBlocker issue had gone away, but it sounds like it needs to be configured for localhost traffic still:

Use 127.0.0.1 proxy bypass for GlimmerBlocker

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.