Wrt Families 1Password app

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

What will things be like eventually? Will there be standalone i.e. Separate apps for Families/Teams and 1Passwotd (currently at v6 for MAC and iOS)? Or is everything going in to a single app?

Thanks

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @wkleem! There are actually standalone apps for Families and Teams already. They're just the 1Password apps. :) All you have to do is sign in to your account in them and you'll be set. 1Password Accounts are just an extension of the apps and a place to store your data, not a replacement for them.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth, I don't mean any disrespect to to Sara Teare, but having just seen her photo in the Families page, she's a big girl!!

Does it make any sense to create an account without a subscription? Is that even possible? The login site doesn't indicate whether a subscription is required.

https://myfamily.1password.com/signin

Thanks.

• Jacob
    Options

@wkleem You can create an account if you'd like to try things out. Families has a 30-day trial. A subscription is required beyond that, otherwise your data will be read-only.

Just a tip: When you say you don't mean disrespect, it implies the comment could come off as lacking respect. Maybe it's best to not make that comment at all. ;) Sara is awesome.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Just a tip: When you say you don't mean disrespect, it implies the comment could come off as lacking respect. Maybe it's best to not make that comment at all. ;) Sara is awesome.

Some people are sensitive to body image remarks. I am glad to hear that Sara Teare is awesome.

• Jacob
    Options

Indeed.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth, I don't know if 1Password for Families/Teams could be made into a freemium model like 1Password 5/6 for iOS and Evernote? I thought that I would bring up this suggestion.

• Jacob
    Options

I'm not sure it can. Families and Teams are web services, and since they're hosted on servers, there's a cost to maintaining them. That can't be set up in a freemium model very well. Anything is possible, so that might change, but right now Families and Teams are a new thing for us and we've invested a lot of time and resources into it. ;) There's still the beta period to try things out in Teams, and we're planning to keep the 30-day trial around so people can take it for a spin.

This discussion has been closed.