Browser extension not working properly

Options
buckeyedoc
buckeyedoc
Community Member

I had 1Password installed for some time but never activated. Enrolled for 1Password for Families and installed the browser extensions. They seem to be working (prompting me whether I want to stare password etc.) but when I do that it is NOT in the 1Password for families when I open it. It seems to be saved in the old version of 1Password that I never set up. It almost seems like it is 2 separate apps instead of one even though they both use the same login info. When I log in to 1 Password the home page is different than if I log in to 1Password for families using the link in the welcome email when I subscribed. Are they 2 separate apps?
How do I tell the extensions to save the info in the correct version of the app?
I want this app to work but so far the enrollment process is less than clear and not intuitive at all.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.4
Sync Type: haven't been able to set up yet
Referrer: kb:teams-admin-getting-started, ug:mac/, kb:strong-master-password

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @buckeyedoc! Sorry about that. It does sound like you have an old copy of data set up in 1Password that's confusing things. The extensions don't store any data at all, they just connect to the app and use the data that's in there. Do you have any data in the old copy of 1Password that you never set up? I know you mentioned not setting it up, but if you know the Master Password it's worth unlocking the app to see if there's anything in there. If there's not or you don't know the Master Password, just start over with a fresh app:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

Once you do that, follow the steps in our quick start guide to set up your Families account in 1Password for Mac, then you'll be able to use the browser extension with your account and all the data in it. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.