Saving bank security questions

Options
jta204
jta204
Community Member

I understand from the iOS manual that I can save these questions. Where can I save them? (In "show web form details?") When saved, can they automatically populate the respective security question fields? Or is the purpose of saving the answers to the security questions to simply access them as a reminder, and to fill them in manually?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: kb:icloud-enable-in-system-preferences, kb:ios-extension-faq

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I understand from the iOS manual that I can save these questions. Where can I save them? (In "show web form details?")

@jta204: The best way to do this is to create a custom section in the Edit mode of the Detail view (for example, named "Silly Security Questions"), and then you can add a custom field for each one, with the field name being the question itself, and the field data being the answer to it.

When saved, can they automatically populate the respective security question fields? Or is the purpose of saving the answers to the security questions to simply access them as a reminder, and to fill them in manually?

It isn't possible for 1Password to automatically fill these, so this is mainly for our own reference. Having each one in an individual field (as opposed to a list in the Notes section) also makes it easier to copy and paste just one if needed. Cheers! :)

• jta204
    jta204
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, Thank you so much for responding quickly to my questions. I appreciate your suggestions, which I have now followed based on your clear explanations.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Brenty you are most welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    Options

I always copy questions & answers for security questions in my 1Password login item note field.
    I also always generate the answers with 1Password generator ex. 10 digits QcqksYPtKY, so by this way it's impossible to gess your answer.
    You're asking for security, stay safe and coherent all during the chain.

• Ben
    Options

That works too, @webregnet. But if you use a custom section instead you can change the fields for the answers to password fields, so they are concealed (by default). This helps prevent anyone from shoulder surfing your security questions and answers.

Ben

• webregnet
    webregnet
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

For sure, I didn't talk about that, but when there is custom section, I create also the question with the generator, 10 digits :-D

But unfortunately there isn't always custom section

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

That is indeed what we recommend:

AgileBits Blog | Blizzard and insecurity questions: My father’s middle name is vR2Ut1VNj

That said, our new "diceware" / "words" based password generator will make passwords that may be much easier to say over the phone, when/if required:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.