Full Feature Comparison

Options
Arowland
Arowland
Community Member

Hello,

I've recently migrated my data to the families version of 1Password. I like that it will keep up to date and work across all of my devices. BUT, I'm noticing that the Windows App (and the web version) is lacking a lot of functionality that is available with the pro version. I've searched the help articles and have found a lot of help articles for the PRO version of 1Password for features like de-duplicating and the like, but nothing for families. Are these features going to be available on the Teams version of 1Password in the future? Or am I just failing at locating the right help articles. Is there somewhere that I can get an in-detail list of differences between the two versions?

Thanks!
Alex

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:duplicate families, kb:keyboard-shortcuts-web, kb-search:duplicate families, kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb-search:duplicate families

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Alex ( @Arowland ),

BUT, I'm noticing that the Windows App (and the web version) is lacking a lot of functionality that is available with the pro version.

Could you clarify a bit what you’re referring to when you say ‘pro’ version?

At this time, you’re right, 1Password for Windows doesn’t support 1Password accounts, but our developers are working to rectify that as soon as possible. The web interface is a new feature that we introduced for 1Password for Teams and 1Password Families, and we would love to add some more functionality there in the future. I don’t know whether we plan to make it as fully featured as the apps themselves, but there is certainly a lot of cool stuff that we could do there.

Is there somewhere that I can get an in-detail list of differences between the two versions?

At this time, you can compare the features of 1Password accounts (1Password for Teams and 1Password Families) and the 1Password standalone apps on our pricing page. We’re working very hard to ensure that features of the apps themselves are consistent across all of our apps, but for an app that operates on 4 different platforms, it’s a challenge, and we still have a ways to go before we achieve that goal.

I hope this helps, but we’re here if you have any further questions or concerns.

• Arowland
    Arowland
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies for not being clear enough.

Yeah, the pricing page isn't as in-depth as I thought it would be it covers the main "big picture differences, but doesn't tell me the difference in some of the functionality (I.e. The fact that families doesn't have a de-duplication feature, doesn't work with the chrome plugin, etc.)

I'm still weighing whether or not I was to stick with 1Password or with 1Password families (my apologies for referencing a pro version, on the 1Password program on PC/MAC I thought it said pro on the license key page).

The app for Windows 10 is the one I'm referring to when referencing an app. I read through the shortcuts/quick tip article and see that it's very lacking in comparison to just the 1Password program. Is there a way to login to my 1Password family account through the 1Password program on desktop? Or is that only available as a 1 time fee of 64.99?

• Arowland
    Arowland
    Community Member
    Options

You mention that your team is trying to keep the features consistent across apps, so I may be missing how I can use the Chrome extension with the windows 10 app, or I may not realize how to find duplicate passwords in the Windows 10 app.

If there is a way to login with your families account to the 1Password program, that would be ideal, it just didn't seem easily identifiable when looking at 1Password as an installed program on my Windows PC. It appeared that families/teams seems to only work with the Windows 10 app.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Arowland,

Thanks for the additional information.

Yeah, the pricing page isn't as in-depth as I thought it would be it covers the main "big picture differences, but doesn't tell me the difference in some of the functionality (I.e. The fact that families doesn't have a de-duplication feature, doesn't work with the chrome plugin, etc.)

I see. As you might imagine a pricing page isn't really the appropriate spot to talk about every minor feature of every app in detail. The goal is to give you the big picture so you can make an informed decision about which product may be right for you. If you want to know about all the details that aren't outlined, we offer free trials of everything we sell.

I'm still weighing whether or not I was to stick with 1Password or with 1Password families (my apologies for referencing a pro version, on the 1Password program on PC/MAC I thought it said pro on the license key page).

Both are great options.

The app for Windows 10 is the one I'm referring to when referencing an app. I read through the shortcuts/quick tip article and see that it's very lacking in comparison to just the 1Password program. Is there a way to login to my 1Password family account through the 1Password program on desktop? Or is that only available as a 1 time fee of 64.99?

The Windows 10 app is in beta. It isn't fully baked yet. And we do not have any browser support for 1Password accounts on Windows, yet. That'll be coming down the road.

The 1Password for Windows desktop application doesn't support 1Password accounts, and never will (at least not in its current form). We are working on a new Windows solution.

It appeared that families/teams seems to only work with the Windows 10 app.

That is correct, for now, but is a situation we're working to improve.

You mention that your team is trying to keep the features consistent across apps

We're trying. And we're moving in that direction. It is a long term / big picture goal though. There are a lot of moving parts, and a lot of legacy.

We're also trying to scale our teams appropriately such that it will be a more manageable goal.

I'm sorry some of these items don't have a more immediate solution, but I hope these answers are helpful. If you have further questions we are happy to help.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.