band_0.js, band_1.js etc. It says to download an app to open this file?

micheled
micheled
Community Member

I have 1 Password installed on my iphone. I now have a new Samsung Ggalazy Note 5. At the Verizon store, they told me I need to install Dropbox on both phones in addition to installing 1Passwrod on my new Android. I did that. It seems as if some of the infor got transferred, but the data says, band_0.js, band_1.js, band_2js, etc. It cannot open these files and tells me to download a program to open them? I need help, and I am not too tech savy. Can I get human help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:import, kb:dropbox-error-vault-not-found

Comments

• Hi @micheled,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with setting up Dropbox sync in 1Password for Android. I would love to help!

At the moment, 1Password uses two different formats for syncing your data. The older Agilekeychain format and its successor: OPVault format. The band files you spotted in your Dropbox account belong to the OPVault format. 1Password for iOS and Mac have recently switched to this format as the default for sync, but 1Password for Android does not have support for it yet. That’s why you are unable to select the folder containing these files on your Android device.

The good news is that you can still configure sync between your devices. These are your options:

1. Switch to the Agilekeychain format on your other devices. 1Password for Mac, iOS, Windows and Android are fully compatible with this sync format.

2. Update your version of 1Password for Android to the beta. The beta version contains OPVault support for Dropbox sync. However, we consider the beta version for users interested in helping us test new features and changes. This may require additional maintenance overtime if you choose to stay with the beta.

3. Wait until OPVault support is officially released on Android. As soon as we complete beta testing, we will publish this update. I don’t have a specific timeline of when that will be though.

With that being said, I would recommend the first option right now. Let us know which one interests you and we will help you with the rest of the process. Thanks!

• micheled
    micheled
    Community Member

I want to my dropbox acct on the iphone and yes it is the OP Vault. but it doesen't give me any options for domething else. It will only let me disable dropbox. How can I chnage the iphone to the Agilekeychain format?

• Hi @micheled. Can you try following the instructions in my response here? Let me know if that does the trick!

This discussion has been closed.