Not sure how to get my stuff into iOS app.

Options
pschaffer
pschaffer
Community Member

OK, kist move to families All ok on my main laptop, moved my stuff into new vault. Re iOS, I sign in using my 'old' PW for my personal vault. It won't take new master PW I set up for family account. I see nothing (No surprise, as I moved everything. Once in iOS app, I don't see vault with family account Under sync in settings, iOS app, Dropbox is selected and appears correct path I'm confused...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Moving from 1P personal to famillies. Pretty much set-up on main desktop. iOS set-up confusing

Comments

• pschaffer
    pschaffer
    Community Member
    Options

Re typo above, should be "Ok, just moved..."

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pschaffer,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

For best results I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the iOS app. Once you've done so, launch it, and sign in using your 1Password for Families account.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• pschaffer
    pschaffer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok will try that now. Will other family members be able to pick there one master pw?

• pschaffer
    pschaffer
    Community Member
    Options

their own...

• pschaffer
    pschaffer
    Community Member
    Options

Also, re basic question, now that app re-downloaded, do I want to choose Sync existing vault or sign into teams account.

• pschaffer
    pschaffer
    Community Member
    Options

O, ok I figured it out, So my remaining question: how to get other family members set up. They get app and....re: desktop, iOS do they have to use master pw I set up?

• Ben
    Options

Ok will try that now. Will other family members be able to pick there one master pw?

Yes. When you invite a family member to join your 1Password for Families account they will pick their Master Password and receive their own Account Key. These items (along with their email address) are what they will use to login, and are unique to their account.

sign into teams account.

That one. :) The next update to 1Password for iOS will make this much more clear, and account for family accounts in the wording as well as team accounts.

how to get other family members set up. They get app and....re: desktop, iOS do they have to use master pw I set up?

You'll need to invite your other family members to your family:

1Password for Teams Admin Guide: Getting Started

Then as I mentioned when they accept their invite from you they will create their own credentials. They'll sign into the apps in the same manner as you have, but using their own credentials.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.