Family name in the top right corner

Options
virtualmarc
virtualmarc
Community Member

Hello,

I also added a really close friend to my "Family" to share some passwords we both need.
When he logged in it was a bit irritating that the Family name is shown in the top right corner.
We think it would be better to show the Username instead (or make in configurable).
This would be less irritating.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @virtualmarc,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here! As the settings under that menu are mostly related to the family (not the individual) we felt this labeling made sense. We appreciate your perspective though, and will take it into consideration. :)

Ben

• virtualmarc
    virtualmarc
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hello @bwoodruff,

Thanks for your answer.
    Since the menu also contains personal items, like the own profile and the logout button it would also make sense for the name of the user. ;)

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me .. I was setting up multiple userids and couldn't believe that the userid is not shown anywhere except for my profile. At least add it to the Family name ie userid/familyid

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

This is currently the only place the family name is displayed in the main UI, so that is a consideration as well. I'd want to be able to see at a quick glance which 1Password Family / Team I'm logged into, more so that I'd want to see which account within that Family / Team I'm logged into. It is much more common for an individual to have an account within multiple families / teams than for an individual to have multiple accounts within a single family.

Ben

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

I agree that the family account should be prominent on the screen .. but I think at a minimum the 1st name should be as well .. Makes it all friendly .. like a family ;-)

• Jacob
    Options

Like family is the best, unless we're talking about Goodfellas in which case it can be a bit scary. ;)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

It is much more common for an individual to have an account within multiple families / teams than for an individual to have multiple accounts within a single family.

But perhaps the scenario presented by rr0ss0rr is even more common? (Setting up multiple accounts for 1 family)

• Ben
    Options

I wouldn't have any way of knowing that, but perhaps. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.