Can't unlock synchronized vault after updating 1Password on my iPhone.

Options
Tyler Duzan
Tyler Duzan
Community Member

Between the last time my phone was rebooted (for an iOS update) and today, when I rebooted manually, 1Password had an update applied. I sync my vault from my laptop to my phone, and it has a long (46 character) password. At any rate, it works fine on my laptop, I have verified I am typing the password correctly by typing it into 'Notes' and then copy/pasting into 1Password, but my vault will not unlock on my phone anymore. Day-to-day I use TouchID, so I hadn't noticed that there was an issue previously.

What recourse do I have? Is there a way for me to delete the vault on my phone and start over via Wi-Fi Sync from my laptop? I need to get my phone back in working order ASAP.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Tyler Duzan,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

What recourse do I have? Is there a way for me to delete the vault on my phone and start over via Wi-Fi Sync from my laptop?

Yes. Instructions can be found here:

(iOS) How do I start over with an empty vault?

How to sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Tyler Duzan
    Tyler Duzan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. I was able to reinstall 1Password on my phone and start from a Wi-Fi synced vault from my laptop. Now everything works as expected and it unlocks with the proper master password. I'm unsure why the vault got corrupted on my phone, but luckily I have multiple copies, so I was able to recover.

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.