Imported Splash ID data in 1Password

gunhoe
gunhoe
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi- I imported data from SplashID to 1 Password 3 and the Software items in SplashID for some reason did not import into the Software Vault in 1Password. In fact, when I searched in 1Password for record that was in SplashID/Software, it does not find it.

Where would they be? Would I need to reenter them by hand?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    gunhoe, I'm sorry for the confusion.

In the Import Asistant, I found this text:

1Password will import passwords from the CSV file created by SplashID.

That sounds like 1Password might treat all the records in the CSV as Logins.

Have you looked in the Logins vault for the items you were expecting to see in the Software vault?

I hope you find them, but you'll still have to copy and paste the imported data into new Software items, as 1Password doesn't include a facility for changing an item's type or moving items from one vault to another.

Let us know how it goes!
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    One thing you might try is a multi-step import of your data:

- Export your software licenses to a separate CSV from SplashID. If you cannot export specific items, you can try editing the exported CSV to cut the software licenses out and paste them into a new file.
    - Try the LicenseKeeper importer on the CSV as described here:
    http://blog.agile.ws/post/596479043

I know it's not ideal and we look forward to making 1Password's importer more robust in the future. In the meantime, I hope that makes things a little bit easier for you right now.
  • gunhoe
    gunhoe
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks, DBrown and justG for your suggestions. The LicenseKeeper importer looks like a good way to take care of the software information. I'll give it a try!

Amy
  • gunhoe
    gunhoe
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I gave LicenseKeeper importer a try and got the following error:

Failed to run import script
    /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/csv.rb:608:in `get_row': CSV::IllegalFormatError (CSV::IllegalFormatError)
    from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/csv.rb:556:in `each'
    from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/csv.rb:531:in `parse'
    from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/csv.rb:122:in `parse'
    from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/LicenseKeeper.rb:7:in `process_contents'
    from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/base.rb:521:in `process_stdin'
    from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/lib/base.rb:486:in `run'
    from /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Import/LicenseKeeper.rb:32

I set up my cvs file with the following columns:

Application
    Version
    License
    Date Bought
    Notes

The last two columns (date and notes) are necessary in my case. If this is what is causing the error, is there another way around it? I used the Mac OS Roman character encoding.

Amy
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I'm not sure off the top of my head, Amy. We'll run some tests and see if we can help you get this working.
  • justG wrote:

I'm not sure off the top of my head, Amy. We'll run some tests and see if we can help you get this working.

Have you been successfull? I have the same problem with SplashID 5.4 and 1password 3.3. Comparing the results it is obvious, that the SplashID entries with a note are not imported - tge whole entry; not only the note. It is a problem of the note field.... do you ha a solution?

Thanks for your help!

Regards.

Chris
  • PJL500
    PJL500
    Community Member
    It might be an idea to replace the Import feature on the File menu with "Import coming soon". That way I could be half way through copying/pasting in the time it took to read all the posts and eventually find out that the import feature just does not work. Thanks. Saying goodbye to SplashID is a pain.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Jiminy. This thread is from over a year ago. We've pushed over 35 new releases since then including many SplashID-specific fixes. Can you confirm for me what version of 1Password you are using and what precisely the problem is that you are encountering? I'm not certain that I understand what your trouble is. Could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

The SplashID importer has been confirmed to work very well by a number of user who wrote to us with specific problems. We fixed them and released the updates. One user had over 1,000 items which imported without any trouble. I'd love to help you find similar success. :)
This discussion has been closed.