1password extension no longer asks to save new passwords

Options

I recently noticed that my 1password extension wasn't asking to save new logins and passwords. Could this be because of the uBlock add blocking extension? I have this blocking extension on because I'm a web developer and I need to test with the assumption that my users use it.

I've also noticed that clicking "save new login' in the extension doesn't seem to do anything.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the 1password extension. Any ideas would be wonderful!

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @sheriffderek,

I would try disabling uBlock and seeing if it makes any difference. I've only come across it recently but it's hard not to imagine the possibility that it is at play. I assume you've checked the settings in the Browser tab of 1Password's preferences as asking if you want to save a new Login can be disabled there.

Can I ask, is this also happening with real sites where you're generating nice complex passwords or is it only happening in testing?

• sheriffderek
    sheriffderek
    Community Member
    Options

I hadn't changed any settings, but per your suggestion - checked the 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and many options were unchecked. I've checked them now, so hopefully it will behave like it used to. : )

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, @sheriffderek. I hope that sorts things out, but if not, you know where to find us. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• sheriffderek
    sheriffderek
    Community Member
    Options

All is well and the 1Password that I love is behaving again! Thank you.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Glad to hear it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.