Credit card search not available from an app

guillaumeserton
guillaumeserton
Community Member

Hello,

When i am into an app or a web form and need to fill my credit card information, i can't.
So i need to search them, but they are not available from the search bar.

Can you change the way we can search to get our credit card information in the coming version?

Thanks

1Password Version: 4.5.2b2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• We have an activate issue in our internal bug tracker that highlights what you are looking for. We would like to see support for searching and filling other items like credit cards and Wi-Fi router passwords. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Do you have any idea when this issue will be fixed?

• We are working on a number of changes to 1Password on Android at the moment, and while we're hoping to improve search and filling, we're not certain when we'll be get this out. I'll certainly add a bump to the issue, though. :)
    ref: OPA-537

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Do you have more idea when this issue will be fixed in a coming release?

It's really annoying to have to open 1P app to search a credit card

• saad
    edited April 2016

I can understand your frustration @guillaumeserton. We are not working on this feature yet because there are a number of other tasks that are taking priority. However, we have set an internal timeline of when we would like to review the filling implementation as a whole. That’s when we will review features like this, along with other suggestions from our users.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

More than a year and this has not been reviewed.
    What's specific to the credit card on a filling purpose for this takes so long?
    I'm sorry, but i thought that the main purpose of 1Password was to store items and fill them on websites. I can't understand why a main features is not on priority.

Thanks for your reply.

• saad
    edited April 2016

This is not a feature specific to just Credit Cards items. While we would love to allow filling credit cards, we also need to develop a way to detect credit card fields and fill them correctly. It would also be nice to be able to fill other item types such as Password, Identity and Wireless Router items.

We have a great browser extension on our desktop apps that already supports filling Credit Cards and we are looking to possibly share that codebase with Android too. There is a bit of work involved but it would help make filling smarter!

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

I can understand that filling can take a long time but searching I don't.

I would like to be able search my credit card from the 1p keyboard when I'm on a website page an ready to pay even if I have to copy paste my credit card info rather than need to open the app, search my card, copy then switch back to my browser then paste and redo it

• Thanks for clarifying, @guillaumeserton. I'll pass that along to the team. :)

This discussion has been closed.