Cant sync betweter iOS en Android in dropbox

Options
ramononline
ramononline
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Android

Hello,

I have 1password pro on mij iPhone. I now want to also use it on my Samsung Android phone. I want to use dropbox to sync. But the probleem is that iOS makes à different vault in dropbox that the Android phone can not use. Android needs The agilekeychain and iOS only makes the new type of vault, .opvault

Can is change iT in iOS that iOS Will make THE agilekeychain in dropbox?

Thanx

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ramononline,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. There are a couple ways you can handle this so that the two can sync via Dropbox. The first, and probably the easiest way, is to start with 1Password for Android. Create the vault there and sync it to Dropbox (it will be an Agile Keychain). Once you've got the Agile Keychain in Dropbox you can sync 1Password for iOS with that.

Alternatively you could use one of our desktop products (1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows) to create the Agile Keychain in Dropbox, and then sync both 1Password for Android and 1Password for iOS with that. You can do this with the 30 day free trial version of one of the desktop products, if you decide to go this route and do not currently own one of them:

https://agilebits.com/downloads

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ramononline
    ramononline
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx for your answer but i still have a problem i tried to get it fixt by using wifi sync on a desktop Windows computer trial version. I used a .opvault that I got out of my Dropbox and that was made by mij ipad. I made a copy on my laptop and used it for The wifi sync with my samsung this workt fine but now I want to make a keychain in Dropbox with my Samsung but I can not change the way I want to sync in de app there is only the wifi option because I used this for sync with my laptop. So I can not make a keychain in Dropbox with my samsung. I hope you can tell me how I can change the sync in the app so I can make a keychain in Dropbox

Thanx

• At this time, it’s not possible to change the sync method once it has been configured on Android. I love to help you export an AgileKeychain data folder that will work across all of your platforms including Android. We will have to take the longer way to accomplish this, so here is what I like you to do:

1. Reinstall 1Password for Android
    2. Select Create new vault and enter your strong, unique, and memorable Master Password
    3. Once the vault is created, slide your finger in from the left of screen to open the navigation drawer and tap on Settings.
    4. Tap on Sync and enable Sync
    5. Select Sync using Dropbox and allow permissions to your Dropbox account
    6. 1Password for Android won’t be able to find an Agilekeychain in your Dropbox account so it will ask you if you want to create one. Finish the sync set up to create a new Agilekeychain in Dropbox.

Let me know once you have an Agilekeychain in your Dropbox account. Next, I will help you migrate your data from OPVault to the Agilekeychain you created.

• ramononline
    ramononline
    Community Member
    Options

Hello I made a New vault in Dropbox . I can do the next step!

• Thanks for the update, @ramononline. Now we'll just need to export your data on Windows, and import it into an .agilekeychain. These instructions are based on the instructions in our guide on Switching to OPVault from Agile Keychain, but modified slightly since we're switching to Agile Keychain from OPVault.

First things first, launch 1Password 4 for Windows and login to your OPVault vault with your Master Password. Then, back up your data by selecting Backup > Back Up 1Password Data from the menu bar.

Once inside your vault, select FIle > Export from the menu bar. Choose ​1Password Interchange File (1PIF) as the format with All items selected, then click OK.

Create a new folder in Documents > 1Password called Export-Delete-Soon. Enter please_delete_this_asap.1pif as the file name, then click ​Save. 1Password will export all of your attachments to its own attachments folder inside Documents > 1Password > Export-Delete-Soon

Then choose ​File > New 1Password Vault from the menu bar. Click the dropdown menu next to Save as type: and select 1Password Vault (*.agilekeychain), and click Save. Enter your strong, unique, and memorable Master Password and click ​OK.

Unlock your newly created .agilekeychain by entering your Master Password. Choose ​File > Import from the menu bar. Select the file named please_delete_this_asap.1pif and click ​Open. When prompted to import items, click Yes to All. If prompted to replace items based on identical titles, click No to All.

When finished, be sure to securely erase the Export-Delete-Soon folder in your Documents > 1Password directory.

Then you'll just need to sync this new vault with Dropbox. Select Preferences > General, and then select Move to Dropbox. That should do the trick!

Please let us know if that gets your devices in sync. Thanks!

• ramononline
    ramononline
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I did like you wrote. It workt fine untill i did the last thing. After my Samsung found the vault in dropbox is used the master password and after sync the app says there were no items found en so there are no entrys in the app.
    I tried is exacly again but the result was the same. No entrys found. I hope That you dan help.

I also have à iMac should i try to do thuis again on the Mac or not.

Please help i dont want to enter al my entrys again.

• ramononline
    ramononline
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry sorry sorry h
    Lol inwas waiting to short after à minute THE app starts to show THE items. Thanx for your help

• That's good news! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get everything syncing correctly between your devices. :)

If you need anything else, just let us know. Thanks!

• artieboy
    artieboy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ... can you please show how to do the step explaining moving from opsvault to agilekeychain on a Mac desktop?

• peri
    Options

Certainly, @artieboy. Here's how:

1. Launch 1Password for Mac
    2. Under Help > Tools, uncheck Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync (this will let you create the .agilekeychain instead)
    3. Disable sync
    4. Set up sync, and an .agilekeychain will be created from the internal database in 1Password for Mac

Let me know if you need anything else!

• Gattarian
    Gattarian
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, is there an automagic way of doing this now or I have to do it the same old way described above? Basically I would like to use 1pasword on my iPhone 6S and Samsung S7 and so far I can't sync them using Dropbox (vault not found).
    Thanks.

• saad
    Options

@Gattarian Are you on the 1Password for Android beta? We added support for OPVault there, so you should be able to select your vault in Dropbox now. If you are not on the beta and would like to join, just follow the instructions on this thread. :)

• Gattarian
    Gattarian
    Community Member
    Options

5***** for the quick support, and the sync worked.
    Thanks

• peri
    Options

Awesome! I'll pass all those stars along to Saad. :lol:

• peri
    Options

Hi @stasia8954. We actually just released an update to 1Password for Android (6.3) which includes support for syncing OPVault vaults through Dropbox, so this process is no longer necessary. If you're trying to sync your Android and iOS device, go ahead and make sure to update to 6.3 on Android, and you should be able to sync right up.

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.