Most Annoying System

Options
jediklingon
jediklingon
Community Member

System - iOS - 9.2
Access: touchID
Your system allows me to use touchID only when it decides not to.
It decides 5 or 10 minutes after I log off and wants me to enter the Master Password manually
This is annoying - but I can understand the value of entering my 30 digit length Master Password
However this is annoying and frustrating.
Your system is trying to be too clever and I am afraid I have to delete it as I spend more time trying to gain access
What Rubbish

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @jediklingon

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with Touch ID. Could you please let me know what you have the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password setting set to?

The behavior you've described is not typical, but may be the result of the settings you have.

Thanks!

Ben

• jediklingon
    jediklingon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding. I have already set it at Never - but it keeps asking for it - even now to get to respond to your recommendation i had to key him the master password!!
    Looks like I have to change my master password for a shorter one that I can remember top of my head and live with this frustration.

• Ben
    Options

Please don't change your Master Password. We'll help you get this sorted so that it is working appropriately.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.