Updating from version 3.7.2 and information didn't sync

Options
celeste72
celeste72
Community Member

I followed all the instructions on how to upgrade to a newer version of 1 password, but my information did not sync. I followed the steps exactly, but when I got to step 7 the instructions says in the sheet that opens up tap Open in 1 password. My sheet said Copy in 1 password. I tapped that and followed the next instructions. When it got to the step where I put in the same master password as version 3 it looks as though a sync is happening with sync circle spinning, but it only spins for a very short time, stops and there is no information transferred. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but appreciate some help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @celeste72,

Thanks for writing in. You're definitely entering the Master Password from version 3, not the PIN / unlock code, right?

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• celeste72
    celeste72
    Community Member
    Options

No I'm putting in the unlock code because I do not know the Master code. Is there any way to do it without the Master code?

• celeste72
    celeste72
    Community Member
    Options

I am pretty sure I have put in the right Master code in the version 3 for at least 2 years now and it tells me that it is not right. Is there a total number of times you can try the master code?

• Ben
    Options

@celeste72,

The correct Master Password is required to do the import, but there is not a limit on the number of attempts you can make at getting the password correct. The PIN / unlock code is not sufficient -- it must be the Master Password.

Ben

• celeste72
    celeste72
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, Thanks that's what I was thinking. So is there any way to get all the information from version 3 printed out? Now when I go into 3 everytime I go back and forth from one entry to the next it closes out and is going to take forever to get all the info.

• Ben
    Options

@celeste72,

Unfortunately there is not.

Ben

• celeste72
    celeste72
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the help.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome, @celeste72! I'm sorry I didn't have better answers to offer.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.