More item types for computer professionals

rickmark
rickmark
Community Member

I work in a security engineering organization for a large website and would love if 1pw for teams would accommodate a few of our more common use cases:

Storing certificates - preferable with intelligence about public / private keys - able to export to common formats etc.
Certificates are often exported as PFX or P12 files WITH AN ASSOCIATED PASSWORD.

In those cases if either the file, or the password is lost, or mismatched the private key is gone!

Similar situation for SSH keys.

Would also love to see intelligence about certificate expiration, weak cyphers etc.

R

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:certificates

Comments

• Hey @rickmark! Great question. We actually do this at AgileBits, using Document items combined with either Logins or Passwords depending on the application. Document items are basically any type of file under 5MB. We have our private key for encrypted support emails in our Teams vault so our team can use it when they need to. If you're using 1Password for Mac, you can simply drag and drop your key to an item in Teams and it will be added as a linked Document.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for. :)

• rhej
    rhej
    Community Member

I am actually looking for this feature as well. I've been using the Note item with attachments, but will give the Document item a try. One concern I have is that I've noticed when moving items between vaults (we recently moved to Teams), some of the items lost their attachments, so I've been a bit nervous about continuing to attach certificates in this way.

• @rhej You should find that Documents work very similarly to attachments, they're just separate linked items. If you have any trouble, please do let us know. We're happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.