Sync problem between IOS and Windows

Options
NMO
NMO
Community Member

Hi,
I've just changed my PC mainboard and Windows licence number, but with the same HD content (I didn't reinstall Windows and my apps).
Since this change, the Wifi sync doesn't work anymore. On the iPhone, the app says that sync is in progress, but it goes forever. Pressing Sync now button doesn't change anything.
Both apps are up to date. What should I do?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @NMO,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please try disabling sync, and then re-enabling it?

Ben

• NMO
    NMO
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

When I choose "Wifi sync" in the PC app, the iPhone automatically starts to sync, or at least tries. I've stopped and tried again several times, killed and relaunched the IOS app too... still not working.
    Is that what you meant?

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

@NMO,

No, sorry, I should have been more clear. To disable sync in 1Password for iOS, please go to Settings > Sync > ‘vault name’ > Sync Service. At the bottom of the screen there will be a ‘Disable Sync’ option.

Please do that, and then try setting syncing back up.

Ben

• NMO
    NMO
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ben,

OK, I get it. Now, when trying to sync again, I see my desktop, the secret is the right one, I launch the sync, but nothing happens then.

After some time, the iPhone displays the following message: "Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "Operation timed out".

It semms that they're still not talking together. Any idea?

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

If the iPhone is seeing the PC but is not able to sync that may be the result of a firewall or other security software preventing the communication. Could you please check to be sure that is not the case?

Ben

• NMO
    NMO
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I'm affraid disabling my security tools (Avast Internet Security and Malwarebyte) doesn't solve the problem.

Nicolas

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• NMO
    NMO
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I didn't receive an automatic reply after my email, thus no support ID number. What should I do?
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @NMO. Please check your spam filter, as one was sent. I've located your reports, and we'll continue the conversation via email. For reference, your support ID is JAJ-52342-363.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: JAJ-52342-363

• NMO
    NMO
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I didn't know the Windows firewall was still active when using an external one. Unfortunately, disabling it it didn't help. This is logical, considering I'm using the same security tools on my laptop without any problem. And it was also working perfectly on my desktop until now.

I think when I switched to another Windows license number, it has probably reset somewhere some parameter needed by 1Password, but I can't figure which.

I've just emailed the new diagnostic reports. Could you please have a look?

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NMO: Indeed, and any firewall or proxy which is blocking Bonjour traffic or 1Password in particular will prevent your devices from connecting and syncing successfully. The error you're receiving can't tell us what is interfering with the connection, but "Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "Operation timed out" indicates that this is what is happening: something is blocking the connection. Please follow the steps in this guide to make sure that everything is configured properly:

Wi-Fi Sync troubleshooting

I'll also follow up via email with some additional information specific to your setup.

This discussion has been closed.