1Password no longer logs me into the UPS website

Options

I have been using 1Password with Firefox to log into the UPS website for years. Suddenly, when I try to use 1Password to log into the UPS website, the correct page is pulled up, but my username and password don't get filled in. Even if, with the UPS web page open, I click on the 1Password entry (which automatically comes up in 1Password, so I know that it recognizes the web page) for the site, my data won't fill in. What happened?

1Password version 5.4.3
Firefox version 43.0.4
OSX version 10.10.5

Thanks!

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't log in to ups website

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@tonyl4 please tell us the 1Password Browser Extension version (the link will tell you how to find that information).

(In passing, the usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?)

Stephen

Stephen

• tonyl4
    tonyl4
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Stephen. Deleting and manually recreating the login solved the issue. Never had to do that before...

The Firefox extension version # is 4.5.2

Tony

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@tonyl4 - I've been having exactly the same trouble with the UPS site and Firefox. It turns out that it is taking a very long time for the login page to finish loading, even though it appears be done. You can tell by watching the progress indicator in the tab for the UPS page. Once it finally finishes and the spinning indicator stops, 1Password works. This seems really weird to me, and it must have something to do with the UPS login page, since Firefix loads most pages very quickly. That speedy page loading it a big reason I use Firefox.

I guess I need to recreate that login record manually, since that worked for you.

Edit: I tired creating a new login manually, but that did not solve the problem for me. I still need to wait an eternity for the page to actually finish loading.

• tonyl4
    tonyl4
    Community Member
    Options

Hawkmoth, I just tried logging into the UPS website again and it loaded very quickly. Strange that manually re-creating the 1Password login would work for me and not for you. Let's see if it continues to work for me, or if it reverts to what you are experiencing.

Tony

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

The UPS login page loads quickly on Safari, but glacially on Firefox. For me, anyway. Maybe need to clear a cache.

Edit: Clearing the cache and cookies for UPS did not alter the slow loading of the UPS login page on Firefox - for me at least.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hawkmoth I'm sorry to hear about the slow page loads, but I can definitely confirm that if a page takes a very long time to load, Go & Fill will essentially time out and cancel the operation. The reason for this is we have had in the past quite a few situations where the Go & Fill completed but the site was programmed in such a way that the extension didn't realize it had completed, so it kept trying to fill over and over. The timeout is our safeguard against that.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

My gripe is about Firefox, not 1Password. The site loads quickly in Safari, and 1Password logs me in right away. But I suspect there is something lurking in my Firefox configuration. I just can't figure out what it is.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

What might help is creating a second Firefox profile and slowly altering it to match the suspected one. You can access the Firefox profile manager using the following in a Terminal window.

/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -P

That came from Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles if you're interested.

It is annoying when a profile gets itself into such a state that you don't know what to do with the thing.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@littlebobbytables - Well, that turned into a complete start-over for Firefox, but I had my bookmarks synced, so they have come back. The 1Password extension didn't reload - I had to add it back. But the bottom line is that it made no difference in the slow loading of the login page at the UPS site. We're a little off the topic of 1Password now, except that there is this interaction where 1Password can't submit credentials until after the long lag in finishing the page loading. I note that @jxpx777 has explained why.

Edit: I timed the page load speed for the UPS login page in Firefox. For me, it takes a full minute to finish loading, as judged by the spinning progress indicator in the tab.

• tonyl4
    tonyl4
    Community Member
    Options

Uggh. Four months later and numerous Firefox and 1Password updates (I'm using the latest versions of both), I'm still having the same problem I reported at the beginning of this thread. However, picking up on some of the previous comments, I found that if I wait around until the UPS page fully loads, 1Password does eventually fill in my username and password. What a pain...

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @tonyl4. Sorry you're still having trouble. I just tested my own UPS Login in Firefox (I use the Developer Edition primarily…) and I didn't see any issues like what you're reporting. Could you set your Login's URL to this: https://www.ups.com/one-to-one/login?returnto=https%3a//www.ups.com/myWorkspace/home%3floc%3den_US%26WT.svl%3dPriNav&reasonCode=-1? This is the page where I sign in and it works well when I click the URL from 1Password itself. Let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.